Chains, T-pro Or T-comp

willis-gu

yo,

So basically am riding a t-pro at the moment and the chain i am running is a kmc cool chain. My chain is loose as shit but my snail cams are fully tightened, plus i have a nut on which gives it more tension, and the chain is still loose! I also know i cant take a link out because it will be too small.

So i am wondering what chains you lot are running, its really pissing me off now!!

thanks, willis x

yo,

So basically am riding a t-pro at the moment and the chain i am running is a kmc cool chain. My chain is loose as shit but my snail cams are fully tightened, plus i have a nut on which gives it more tension, and the chain is still loose! I also know i cant take a link out because it will be too small.

So i am wondering what chains you lot are running, its really pissing me off now!!

thanks, willis x

I had a simlar problem!!

What gear ratio are you running?? And is your wheel right on the end of the drop, out or is there more room for adjustment???

I had a simlar problem!!

What gear ratio are you running?? And is your wheel right on the end of the drop, out or is there more room for adjustment???

errr 18/12 and no not really but the chain tensioners are fully on lol

Stretched chain? ;o

nope, been the same ever sinse i got a brand new chain

dont use snail cams with them :) use chain tensioners...

so why does it have the hole for the snail cams, you obviously can use them

When I was using my T-pro I had this problem, the chain was too long, took out a link and then it was too short. Snail cams weren't big enough so I just popped to Halfords n bought some cheapy rubbish chain tugs which did the job perfectly.

+1

Or use chain tugs which you should of used any way

yeah, but lets face it, chain tugs are shit because they thread easy i.e the bolt comes out of the axel washer thing, if this happens your pritty much f**ked and cant do anything about it and they look gash!

Stretched chain? ;o

Yep. If it's a 710/810/Kool, that b*****d's going to have stretched a fair bit if you've been using it more than a month. It might not really solve the problem at all, but using something like a 510 or 610 will mean you get less chain stretch and should have a better time with setting it up.

yeah, but lets face it, chain tugs are shit because they thread easy i.e the bolt comes out of the axel washer thing, if this happens your pritty much f**ked and cant do anything about it and they look gash!

Get ones like the Gusset Kojaks, get them set up in the right place, then cut the excess threaded bar off the chain tug. You can then file down the actual plate that goes over the ends of your dropouts to make it a bit lower profile too, so they look alright. They've obviously never going to look good, but if you'd prioritise having a 'nice' looking part of your bike that you're never going to notice over having a bike that works well, then I guess it might be a problem...

Put a couple of spacers inside your snailcam bolt, to make it act as if the snailcam bolt has a bigger head, if you get me, this should give you more adjustment with your cams.

yeah i have done that like, seems to be ok now so al just see how it goes

cheers anyway x