Weird Problem...

Fishy

Hey guys,

Basically, just started to ride regularly again and I'm having a really big problem, with my rear brake finger. It seems to lose the will to live when I try and apply the rear brake. I have no problem on any other bike, or my motorbikes. The only thing I can think of is these new grips I got, as they were a little bit girthier. Any suggestions to why this is happening? And what I can do to stop it?

Your finger no longer likes you? :lol:

Seriously though, maybe it's the amount you need to use it, when I used to ride moto trials I hardly used the brakes as much as bike trials, also the rear brake is on the foot and you tend to use more fingers on mtobike levers.

that is the only explanation I can come up with.

Apart from the first.

Matt

Hey guys,

Basically, just started to ride regularly again and I'm having a really big problem, with my rear brake finger. It seems to lose the will to live when I try and apply the rear brake. I have no problem on any other bike, or my motorbikes. The only thing I can think of is these new grips I got, as they were a little bit girthier. Any suggestions to why this is happening? And what I can do to stop it?

Is that the medical diagnosis?

Maybe allow your lever to come in further/ run your pads further apart from the rim? Or try a disc or vee brake, something that requires less power from your finger? If it's a Magura, a long lever blade?

Maybe some more sweep on your bars? Something more comfortable that allows your arms to relax more while stationary/ trackstanding/ preloading.

Yeah, I googled it. I'm going to put a booster on and see if that makes any difference, I'm using a FP lever, which I've used for a while and had no problem with before. It's hard to explain, it's like I'm telling my finger to pull the lever, but it's being stubborn.

I have the same problem, i'v recently got back into riding. I found that thinner grips made a lot of difference, i dont have dustpan hands so it gives a more comfortable grip? I dont know

if its the scientific reason, but i'm guessing because theres less effort into holding on to the bike your braking finger will be more relaxed. :P Plus if you run vee's slacken the springs off abit,

it improves braking and strain on your finger :)