Student Finance Help.

trials_pimp

Right my Mrs Has just gone back to college and arranged student finance.

She has been waiting months for it to come through, and now they have changed their mind and said she cant have any.

The problem is we really needed that money to Pay rent and Bills (share a flat together, which was fine while we were both working)

She now only has a part time job and we cant afford the rent bills food ect with just me working.

What options do we have for student finance, student loans ect?

Job centre and Housing assosiation dont want to know, and we could become homless just intime for Christmas.

Help please

I don't know how it works with a college, but I'm at uni and also share a flat with my Mrs (who's also a student) and I applied for some extra finance from the university and they gave us a contribution. It really does sound like you should be entitled to student finance though, maybe you should give them a call and arrange a meeting with your local government body to have a chat about it. Hope that helps.

Is she's a mature student aged either 19 or 21 and over? And does she attend college more than 15 hours a week? If so, she should be entitled to Adult Learning Grant (ALG) which is £30 a week depending on proper attendence. There is a younger version of this as well but I know nowt about it. Also depending no how much you earn, you should be may be entitled to tax credits which can be fairly substantial. Certainly upto enough to pay your rent but this does depend on your earnings. The idea of these tax credits is that you are perceived as supporting her so you get funding.

But yeah, search those out and asap. These services don't tend to be very quick in arranging payments...

She has applied for ALG but hasnt heard back.

I didnt know about tax credits, will look it up.

Parents cant really help, either dont have the funds to simply bail us out (not that i would accept it, thats what spoiled kids do). I could move home, but it would be a hell of a squeeze with all my stuff aswell.

(cooker, sofas ect)

My Mrs isnt at 6th form, so thats not the issue, she is going to see citizens advice on monday to see what they can do.