Should I Go Disc?

isitafox

Just been wondering, seen as there's the odd post of a disc brake for sale and always popping up on ebay is it worth getting one or 2 for my Heavy Tools rebuild?

And if so, what would people recommend, just the front, rear or both bearing in mind I've got a set of blue maguras for the other wheel.

From what i've seen and experianced front disk and rear maggy set up is beast. You need the good modulation on front and the tight ON OFF of a maggy on rear.

See I'd have thought it'd have been the other way around, although 2nd hand front discs seem to go quite cheap so may be worth picking one up.

Anyone got any preferences on brand? Last time I was into riding I think Magura had only recently brought out their louise disc so it was only a choice between Hayes or Hope!

Front disk rear maggy. I havnt tried a dual disk bike so cant comment, but i personally dont like front maggy. I use a hope mono trial and its brilliant. Avid bb7 or bb5 are also for trials and ive heard good things about them. Any brand disk should be ok on the front, but ify you go dual disk get something trials orientated for the rear as seals probably wont last long with trials use.

max

On a stock, definately front disc rear maggy! Only a few riders can get on with DD stocks. I rode DD mods for nearly 2 years, and could just never get on with a rear disc on a stock.

The wheel and frame flex was annoying to me, but the main thing I hated about it was that it shifted a load of weight to the rear, so the weight distribution was toss.