Getting Back Into Riding

spunkey_monkey_boy

so its been about 3 years since i last rode trials and i miss it. back in the day i rode stock but want to get back into mod riding. used to love the xtp short mod, otherwise favorite bike was a control short or long, loved them both for different things.

have been looking around and thinking about getting a monty 219 from tarty. i'm 6'1" and plan to ride mostly natural.

opening up this can of worms to any comments people have, need to get up to date

should i try and find an old xtp mod 2nd hand or buy the monty new? upper price limit is 500 and way back then i never found an onza i liked hence not yet looking at them

suggestions?

Our own-build Echo Lites are pretty amazing value for money. They're one of the best mid-range completes we sell - we've had a whole load of them go out to customers and have only had positive feedback from them. I was even tempted by one myself!

EDIT: Can get the Echo in long or short too, so as you're on the taller side you could always go for the long? 1020-ish wheelbase, so it's pretty ideal. I'm about your height and ride the long Lynx (which has identical geo) and it feels really comfortable.

The length of time I've not been actively riding trials for doesn't really affect our sales of complete bike specs though. I was just pointing out that the Echo Lite is one of our most popular sellers for a pretty good reason - the spec's amazing for the money.

any feedback on what the bikes ride like would be good, i can't remember what difference to ride a longer wheelbase/higher bb etc makes.

been looking at 2nd hand koxx xtp's

new echo lite

new kamel 218

new monty 221pr

all seem to be within my budget on full bike or as a frame to then build.

anything that rides like an xtp would be great, if not i seem to recal the 221pr being a nice ride.

cheers

T