Having Another Go...

Burglarboycie

Hi all.

I am returning to trials after a 6 year break and am looking to get a bike sorted.

When I rode before I had both mod and stock bikes and liked both equally so don't really mind which I get this time round.

I don't have a fortune to spend I'm afraid but a lot has changed since I was last involved (i haven't even heard of a few of the brands i've come across!!).

I have found a few Onza mods that look pretty good on e-bay (brand new and with pretty good discounts :P ) but I was never sold on Onza as a brand before I was wondering if anyone could recommend these or anything else mod or stock.

You seem to get more for your money with a mod bike.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum.

Thanks guys

James

Hey James,

My first bike was an Onza T-bird, which I found was really reliable and easy to learn the basics on. I've now got an Onza T-mag mod has never let me down either. A few of my friends ride onzas aswell and they all seem pretty happy with them. So, I'd recommend Onza all the way.

But then again, i've never rode anything else so i've got nothing to compare to.

I agree with you aswell that you get more for your money with mod than stock - there's also less parts on them to break, they're usually lighter and they're easier to learn on (which after 6 years of not riding, i'm guessing you'll need to re-learn a few of the things you used to be able to do.)

Keep us updated on how you get on :D Welcome back

Thanks guys.

Yeah will need to re-learn all but the absolute basics i reckon!! Looking forward to that though to be honest, all those grazed shins from slipped pedals!

I will look into these Onzas a bit further then, but think i will also keep my eyes peeled for a second hand mod so i get better spec for the money (i've always been a component snob!!!)

James

mate how much are you willing to spend on a bike if you want a stock cheak mine out by clicking the black writing below say here is my for sale topic its a mint spec 07 ZOO! pitbull tell me what you think thanks mate.

Alex.

No selling includes full members trying to sell to pre-members.

Poor guy, no-one wants to pay far too much for your bike :(

No selling includes full members trying to sell to pre-members.

Poor guy, no-one wants to pay far too much for your bike :(

you cant reli say i am asking to much for my pitbull when i got it for £330 people said that i got a massive bargen and i have spent over £110 since ive had it and i am asking £350 for it.

I seem to be involved in a bit of a misunderstanding of the rules here!!

Apologies if its my fault.

James

Na mate i should have known better to try and sell my bike to a pre-member sorry if i have caused any confusion :(

I've got an Onza-Rip and a Zoo Python 04, I got the Onza new for £350, I got the Zoo 2nd hand for £200 - It needed some fixing but its amazing. My favorite mod I've ridden to date... But I found learning the basics on my Onza a lot easier.

I recommend buying an Onza mod and when you get better get an Zoo Python... Worked well for me! :rockon:

Edit: Both my bikes are mods.

Edited by OnzaKid