Need Help With Pedal Kick!

TrialItAll

Hi guys,

I'm pretty darned new to trials, i have been riding for about two days, i know how to pedal up into a rear wheel hop, i can't hop on the spot that well, but i can keep it up there, i can track stand fairly well, not for that long though. but am stuck on pedal kicking, i can pedal kick it about 4 inches, but i cant seem to get it any further than that. Here's what i do when i pedal kick.

1.I Pedal up into a rear wheel hop.

2.I make sure the pedals are at the same angle as the ground i am on.

3.I Lean back a bit.

4.I Lift the handle bars and push the pedal quite fast and vigorously.

5.I lean forward after having leaned back, and pull the handle bars quite close to my chest, then let the front tire go down.

6.I press the break fairly abruptly and realize what i thought looked awesome from being on the bike, to seeing that I've moved no further than 4-6 inches.

7.I get frustrated.

What am i doing wrong, or am i trying to do something I'm not ready for? Should i perhaps spend more time getting my balance on track standing and hopping, until perfected before i go into pedal kicking.

All help, tips and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Harry.

Hi guys,

I'm pretty darned new to trials, i have been riding for about two days, i know how to pedal up into a rear wheel hop, i can't hop on the spot that well, but i can keep it up there, i can track stand fairly well, not for that long though. but am stuck on pedal kicking, i can pedal kick it about 4 inches, but i cant seem to get it any further than that. Here's what i do when i pedal kick.

1.I Pedal up into a rear wheel hop.

2.I make sure the pedals are at the same angle as the ground i am on.

3.I Lean back a bit.

4.I Lift the handle bars and push the pedal quite fast and vigorously.

5.I lean forward after having leaned back, and pull the handle bars quite close to my chest, then let the front tire go down.

6.I press the break fairly abruptly and realize what i thought looked awesome from being on the bike, to seeing that I've moved no further than 4-6 inches.

7.I get frustrated.

What am i doing wrong, or am i trying to do something I'm not ready for? Should i perhaps spend more time getting my balance on track standing and hopping, until perfected before i go into pedal kicking.

All help, tips and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Harry.

I would just say practice really..

No.5 try and keep your front wheel up

Can you do a kick where you have two wheels on the ground peddle into wheelie position and kick striate away ?

Also take your time if you've only been doing it two days for the level your at you should have taken 1-2 weeks minimum.

Hope I helped.

Laurence.

Can you do a kick where you have two wheels on the ground peddle into wheelie position and kick striate away ?

Also take your time if you've only been doing it two days for the level your at you should have taken 1-2 weeks minimum.

Hope I helped.

Laurence.

Yeah, that's what i first started off with - "Can you do a kick where you have two wheels on the ground peddle into wheelie position and kick striate away ?"

But my friend said not to do it that way, he was more experienced than me so i took his advice on board. I'll give what you said a go though.

Thanks for the help mate, i appreciate it. :)

Yeah, that's what i first started off with - "Can you do a kick where you have two wheels on the ground peddle into wheelie position and kick striate away ?"

But my friend said not to do it that way, he was more experienced than me so i took his advice on board. I'll give what you said a go though.

Thanks for the help mate, i appreciate it. :)

You really need to learn that one first be able to do it well for hight and length then learn the other type.

Well i learnt by:

just from a slow roll, kick(i do half a pedal stroke per kick with 18:12 gearing on a mod) and hop engage the brake and land onto the rear wheel. But try and get so far back i have to put my feet down to avoid a bail.

This helped me learn my rear wheel balence point, and if you cannot trackstand, or cant for long like me, rolling is a good simple and easy way to practice .

Hope that helped bud.

Harry if you ever need my help I'm 1 minutes walk from you :)

Hope I helped.

Laurence.

Yeah hes making great progress for a few days riding- I've watched him :P

What I do is lean forwards 1st like doing a small Endo and go back onto the rear wheel holding on both brake's in one motion and then I just get my strongest foot forward's and kick it forward's with some pressure and get the pedals back to the original position, whilst the brake is off and in a split second put your rear brake back on to land and just keep doing it.

Or just go on " Http://www.trashzen.com " ..

What I do is lean forwards 1st like doing a small Endo and go back onto the rear wheel holding on both brake's in one motion and then I just get my strongest foot forward's and kick it forward's with some pressure and get the pedals back to the original position, whilst the brake is off and in a split second put your rear brake back on to land and just keep doing it.

Or just go on " Http://www.trashzen.com " ..

Nice idea, i'll give that a try.

:D

Sounds like he is:) i may need to see a vdeo! how old is he ?

15, yeah we have been filming everything we can so when we're better we can see how we started off :)

We may PERHAPS send a video in, we'll discuss ;)

JUST PRACTICE MY FRIEND.... (Y)

+1

15, yeah we have been filming everything we can so when we're better we can see how we started off :)

We may PERHAPS send a video in, we'll discuss ;)

Ah nice Good idea maybe i should start doing this :)

EDIT: second thorts... i have no camra.

Edited by Laurence--Trials