Polishing Out A Frame

J Trials 31

Got my Monty frame welded up, but it left some gold scorch marks so wondering about how to polish that back out so it's shiny again. I used some steel wool, but if that's what I have to do, I'll have to sit there all day.

Thanks

J

I weld ali and stainless all the time at work the best thing to use if u can get it is pickling paste its slightly acidic so wear gloves when used but it will remove all heat marks from the weld area with a light buffing it will be as new

oh +1 for the acetone post buy liam that works too LOL

Edited by scotty007

Just a wee note on "pickling paste". Its a tad more than slightly acidic. Its very acidic, a mixture of nitric and hydrofluoric acids, and your skin isn't waterproof to it so if it gets on your skin it soaks right in like moisturizer then burns you from the inside out. Businesses need a license to use it so I'm not sure how easy it'd be to get hold of. But if you do, full spec goggles, gauntlets, apron, no exposed skin etc and a bucket of clean fresh water at hand to dunk yourself in.