Broke Magura? Not Too Sure Need Help.

Ollied

Alright guys, happened 3 times in a row.

Bleed my brake with cold water, and do it up. Water bleed etc. Feels perfect when i get it on my bike, I go riding and after 5 back wheels up curbs, it goes spongey, have to pull in the lever half way for the pads to finally start to move, then when they finally do hit the rim they're so spongey and I can pull my lever all the way to my bars and it won't grip fully.

Any advice?

I bleed by putting finger over hole on slave, pulling in lever. taking finger off and placing it over lever bleed hole, then let go of the lever.

Thanks,

Ollied.

"Bleeding Maguras in a bucket or a bath

Fill the bucket or the bath full of water.

Take the brake off of your bike and put it in the bucket/bath.

Undo both bleed bolts, the one on the lever and the one on the slave. (Underwater)

The method is tricky at first, but once you have the rhythm, it will take a minute at maximum.

Underwater: hold your finger over the hole on the slave cylinder (remember, when you have your finger on the hole, make sure it is tight and sealed against the hole, other wise it will take longer to bleed and may effect performance), press the lever all the way down, then hold your finger over the hole on the lever body, take your finger off the hole on the slave cylinder and release the lever fully, repeat until you no longer see any air coming out.

Do up both of the bleed bolts. (Again, underwater)

Take the brake out and it should be air free."

BOLD.

If it's fine when you put it on, there IS a leak somewhere. Take the hose off the bike. Fill your sink/bath with water, take the hose off the bike, put the majority of it in the water and blow through the end sticking out while covering the other end. Bubbles with come out of the leak if there's one. Then do the same to the other end. If not, it's your seals.

Well my tpa is pretty jammed and i think it is all the way out, I've checked the hose for leaks and there doesnt seem to be any, its pretty new hosing.

However I did run masking tape over a bolt once because it was a bit loose until my new bleed bolt arrived on my slave. Then the masking tape got jammed in there, couldn't see why it'd affect it but it possibly could, however after reading that guide again, I take both fingers off the holes then put it over the lever bleed hole and release the lever, would that make the bleed insufficient ?

"Bleeding Maguras in a bucket of doom

Fill the bucket or the bath full of water.

Take the brake off of your bike and put it in the bucket/bath.

Undo both bleed bolts, the one on the lever and the one on the slave. (Underwater)

The method is tricky at first, but once you have the rhythm, it will take a minute at maximum.

Underwater: hold your finger over the hole on the slave cylinder (remember, when you have your finger on the hole, make sure it is tight and sealed against the hole, other wise it will take longer to bleed and may effect performance), press the lever all the way down, then hold your finger over the hole on the lever body, take your finger off the hole on the slave cylinder and release the lever fully, repeat until you no longer see any air coming out.

Do up both of the bleed bolts. (Again, underwater)

Take the brake out and it should be air free."

BOLD.

if it's fine when you bleed it then after 10 mins you feel they arn't as good as they were, you have a leak! I tightened up my bleed nut too tight once, which caused cross threaded hole, LEAK! Change one cylinder, no more leak. Bleed your break, hold blue paper towel to the parts of the break that could leak, you'll find the leak. Blue cause it turns dark blue when wet!

Edited by terry26rims