Hope Respray/recolour

chris4stars

This is my first post so go easy guys and girls!

Ive got an inspired fourplay, and originally had a white viz 120x20 stem on it. after riding around a while and feeling it wasnt really suiting my style, i tried looking round for a nice white 90x10 but had no luck, so went with a blue hope to math the other parts of the frame

I would like to though, if possible have the stem in white?!

I dont know much (anything really) about resprays/powder coating, and if its different for CNC compared to just a frame

any ideas of how i could go about this, and how much it may cost would be appreciated

Powder coating will give u a very tough long lasting finish shouldn't cost too much but more expensive than spraying.

If it was mine I would give it a light sand with some wet and dry and a few thin coats of white spray paint, and then a lacquer it.

Would be durable enough for a stem I would think.

Hope this helps Luke

I would like to though, if possible have the stem in white?!

Easiest (cheapest) way to do it would be to spray it yourself. I've got a black Easton EA50 stem on my Inspired which I sprayed white with Halfords 'Appliance white' and then lacquered. It's finally starting to chip off (with abuse) but for less than a tenner I can hardly complain. You could get it powder coated but unless you know someone that does it it'll probably cost you £15+. Your call!

thanks for the tips...the stem hasnt actually come yet, so will have it on for a few days to see how well it goes (not doubt try posting a pics for a few ideas!) but its good to know that its possible can be sorted with little hassle

cheers!

It probably makes sense to do it yourself to start with. If it's acceptable in your eyes then stick with it. If you'd rather it have a tougher, more professional finish it'll still be easy enough to get it powder coated.

ok cool...on a similar subject, im sure ive seen your videos on youtube, nice riding! the colour scheme seems to be pretty similar too...anyway, which ea 50 stem do you go with and how many spacers? seems to be pretty short and steeper than a 10 degree...

i got the inspired initially with a 5mm spacer and 120x20, changed it to 90x10 but at the same time i was pretty tempted by the hope 70x25 shorter stem thinking it would make bunny hops easier still...but i couldnt find anyone mention that stem or one similar to that geometry, so figured i should go with the majority and not risk the expense!

ok cool...on a similar subject, im sure ive seen your videos on youtube, nice riding! the colour scheme seems to be pretty similar too...anyway, which ea 50 stem do you go with and how many spacers? seems to be pretty short and steeper than a 10 degree...

i got the inspired initially with a 5mm spacer and 120x20, changed it to 90x10 but at the same time i was pretty tempted by the hope 70x25 shorter stem thinking it would make bunny hops easier still...but i couldnt find anyone mention that stem or one similar to that geometry, so figured i should go with the majority and not risk the expense!

I've got the 90mm x 20degree EA50. Was one of the few stems of that sort of geometry that I could get for 31.8mm bars. I'm currently running loads of spacers too- probably about 25mm with Easton EA30 hi-rise bars.

dsc05575medium.jpg

Bike has been sprayed since my last vid but I do have a couple of vids on Youtube.

looks awesome, always good to ride a bike that looks good, despite how shallow it sounds...ive got a viz fork on my front and only enough room for about 15mm of spacers, any more and the stem clamp wouldnt be holding onto as much steerer as id like it too..still, its going to lift up like a dream compared to how it did

got the bike, its almost got the looks, now just need the skills!...check out my videos on youtube...(in a good few years time)