Onza Ice Front End Set Up!

Skilled trials

On the tarty video guide it says that a higher, longer stem puts you centre of gravity further backwards making the front end easier to lift. And a lower, shorter stem gives you better control on the rear wheel. It is a 50:50 choice. Personally I would go for a longer, higher stem.

Some setup's I think would be good are:

Trialtech sport riser bars with a Try-All NUC stem

Try-All Rage bars '09 with a Echo Sl stem

V!Z Pro 720 bars with a V!Z Forged stem

And some Try-All Carbon bars with a Try-All 3D stem.

There are many more setups like these. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference.

I have a rockman aurem with a similar geo(ish) and previously ran a kamel stem (the shorter one) but went to the trialtech race stem and it brought the bike alive! It is the perfect geo imo as it is not too high but yet not too low and also means it caters well for all manner of bar rise height if you get what I mean.

Thanks for all you comments. Is there anyway i can get away with just a stem and keeping my bars or would it be better doing both?

I think you should buy a new stem and bars. Then you can switch around to see if ZOO! bars work well with a different stem. Do you know what I mean?

Its true though, all those stems you listed, have you actually tried them and foud them the best, or just got them from Tarty?

But Like Duncy H, get a Trialtech race, mine is awesome!

No, he hasn't.

I used an echo stem, viz stem, and found the triatech forged (the £35 one on tarty) to be the best

I opted for a high front end to go with the bb I used a echo stem thats now been discontinued however the geo is the same as the biggest echo tr stem.

the geo of the frame is too short and high to run a small stem unless your really short yourself (of witch you shouldent really be on a long frame) Id say the echo tr is the best option stem out for an ice being slightly shorter than a master stem but with more angle so you get a better feel over the front wheel.

many people went on my ice when i had it and commented on my stem and theres a hell of a lot of people who attempted to take the piss me having a abnormal stem but going on a ride near me theres very few who dont have one now :)

EDIT: after reading the first page I stand by my post and will also like to add that the best way to set up a bike is to make it feel nice on two wheels i.e your stem, you can then tilt your bars to make it nice on the back wheel, I fond my bike is both good on back wheel and two wheels its also nice to gap to front and with the stem real easy to wheel swap on objects.

I have recomended this stem to quiet a few on this forum aswell so have a word with them before you go out and buy a trialtech stem simply because two people have them.

Think the jast guy was a guy called koxxhydroxxjack or somethink have a wee word with him and if your in two minds about a trialtech stem or echo tr just think who rides smoother . . . .

again heres my proof that the bike riders well on both wheels remains flicky and is easy to ride whist remaining smooth on each wheel http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ils&id=1783

Edited by Seabasss