How Much Should My Trials Bike Weigh?

If you get good on a trials bike really quickly (like my mate did with his onza rip) you may have to buy a new bike. But if your paying a hundred pounds for it, you aren't getting a bad deal. So you may have some money left over to buy a set of Magura HS33's.

what tricks could he do on his onza before he changed?

this might sound dumb to you but what are they and how do they improve.. also how much are they

Usually the Onza Rip come with Vee brakes front and rear, but HS-33's (hydrolic fluid brakes with vast amounts of power in comparison to standard vee brakes) just generally give a stronger bite to the rim so you have more chance of holding your wheel in that position without it slipping, because you dont really want to land on your arse haha.

You could expect to pay around 60 quid for a pair of HS-33's in the For Sale topic area, but i wouldnt invest and buy a set straight away, as you need to first learn the basics which is very easy with any brakes. If you have the money laying around/burning a hole then by all means, continue to post good topics and replies, and you can get yourself onto the Members Threads and starting buying produce of other members.

Edited by Maxie_Monty

There is nothing at all wrong with V  brakes. If set up properly they are just as powerful as maguras. It just comes down to the fact that most people try a magura with a booster and good pads on a grind, etc.. and go this is much more powerful than my vee. If you set up your vee with the same pads, a booster and a grind, it will be just as powerful and have a nicer feel to it. Plus it will be cheaper and easier to maintain.

There is nothing wrong with the RIP as a beginner bike and just because you get good doesn't mean that you will need to change it. By all means change some parts such as the cranks and freewheel, but good riding comes from the person not the bike.

I've got nothing against the Onza Rip but I think that a slightly older T-pro is a better starter bike. If you don't want to be spending hundreds of pounds, a T-pro will be cheaper in the long run as you can pick a decent on up for £150> pretty much all of them will come with HS33's (the frame has 4 bolt mounts, not vee mounts unless its the 07/08?) and they have a rear 19" rim which means you can steadily upgrade the parts as they break/as you fancy. When you do want to change the bike, all you can do then is buy a new frame and simply transplant all the parts onto that and have a pretty much top spec bike, dependingly obviously on the parts you buy etc. Hope this helps.

the t-pro is better than the base! it's front freewheel and i believe the axle on the base isn't 10mm so you'll have difficulty upgrading rear hubs. the t pro also has a 19" rear wheel, which is always a plus

If you get good on a trials bike really quickly (like my mate did with his onza rip) you may have to buy a new bike. But if your paying a hundred pounds for it, you aren't getting a bad deal. So you may have some money left over to buy a set of Magura HS33's.
You would because you are a tube. Big flood. B) Edited by ruairidh m

how much does the onza pro weigh and is it better then the onza rip?

Depends on the build....the frame is around 1.8kg i think? ( t-pro that is )

I'd definitely spend around £200 and get a fully specced second-hand t-pro personally. You'll get strong comp grade parts and wont have to change anything for about year if it's all been well maintained.

I've got nothing against the Onza Rip but I think that a slightly older T-pro is a better starter bike. If you don't want to be spending hundreds of pounds, a T-pro will be cheaper in the long run as you can pick a decent on up for £150> pretty much all of them will come with HS33's (the frame has 4 bolt mounts, not vee mounts unless its the 07/08?) and they have a rear 19" rim which means you can steadily upgrade the parts as they break/as you fancy. When you do want to change the bike, all you can do then is buy a new frame and simply transplant all the parts onto that and have a pretty much top spec bike, dependingly obviously on the parts you buy etc. Hope this helps.

were can i get on for that price

please tell me where you can buy onza t-pros cheap