Seat

benbarden

i am trying to get in to trials looking at geting bike soon i would be ridding to work trying to find out if any trials bikes have seats like most bike (that you can make right hight to sit on) or if thay are just seats that a as low as the fram

most trials bikes that have seats have quite short seat tubes so it might be awkward finding a riding position close to a "normal" bike, plus its also worth thinking about the gears etc,

As said above you would be pushing to find one now. My old sarcen could have the seat at the right hight but that bike is about 8 years old now.

Would probily br better if you try and buy a cheap second hand bike to go to work on.

This guy's speaking sense, get a shitter to ride to work on.

i am trying to get in to trials looking at geting bike soon i would be ridding to work trying to find out if any trials bikes have seats like most bike (that you can make right hight to sit on) or if thay are just seats that a as low as the fram

Check out a pic of my old pashley 26mhz, this is probably the biggest seat tube I've seen for ages but it is a few years old to say the least, as the guys have said above get another bike for getting to work, ever seen the film Tricks and Stunts? It's well worth a look think it was released in 1997 and shows that at that time and before if you wanted to do trials on a 26" wheeled bike you did it on what would be regarded now as a cross country bike (in those days sponsored riders would often ride different events XC and trials etc. on the same bike). If your just starting out there are probably a certain amount of things you can still learn on an everyday bike, track stand, hopping and rocking would be three things for example that would give you the basis to other tricks as you progress, I'm not saying it will be the same as a trials specific frame but its a "best out of both worlds" type thing if money is limited and you need a bike for transport. here's a handy link to a copy of tricks and stunts with an added bonus of the incredibly funny - the art of bi-king, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=sidebarContext

post-24846-1262949633_thumb.jpg

i would say your best bet would be a ashton effect, got a seat, can do trials, street and ride place on it with the seat up, you could put a quik release on it so you can have it down for trials and then wen you want to move on then put it up and ride away. they got prety hard gearing aswell, 22-14 gear ratio. have a look, good price aswell http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=50

ok thanks all but a cheap bike to ride to work das not work as i work split shift so get 2-4h off in the day which was when i was going to ride just think i will have to push it to work so i can ride in the day 24" would be cool but thay cost so much i will be buying 2hand cos i dont no if i like trials as i have never done it but it das look cool

Most 24" bikes have a seat, buy one of them?

well...its somthing to sit on whilst coasting downhill (and thats if its been raised) its decoration and somthing to squat on when youre getting your breath back...nothing more!

if you were to cycle any distance on a trials bike anyway (at least the 24" and im assuming mod...looking at the frames, stocks too) a seat becomes irrelavent anyway as you'd be cycling 'standing up' all the time anyway, pedaling whilst sitting, even with a seat up just isnt going to happen

as japslap said too...the gearing does come into the occasion, i used a fourplay to get to work and back (3 miles each way) and the only thing that makes its bearable is a few of the ledges along the way, and the fact that i get to clean/maintain the bike at work

*EDIT - ben, spend literally 10 seconds looking over what you write, maybe use a spellchecker! that post is barely literate

Edited by chris4stars

How far away do you work form your house? I always rode my trials bike to work so I could go out on lunch etc...

If you have not actually started riding yet then just use a normal bike to learn on as it will be easier to get around, but if you really want to get a trials bike, 24 or really short (old school) 26 are the easiest to get around on. You could maybe even have two gears on it to help.