Magura Hs33 Brake Pads

Hannah Shucksmith

No complaints but they do slightly harden because of the cold weather at the mo, which hasn't been a problem for me.

Normally I use red in the spring/summer, but yellow work fine for me during the colder times.

which ones are red, do you have linky? :)

Pads are so cheap anyway, why waste money on something that only MIGHT be decent?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but unless your rich, i think £25 for phat pads and nearly £30 for TNN BRAKE PADS

is expensive, even if i have a pair i wouldn't say thats cheap for brake pads in my opinion. but also they are awesome so, i guess you get what you pay for with the exception of onza, those pads are reasonably priced and good value :)

You can save money in all your bike except in brake pads and chains.

At first, stupid and relatively cheap parts in comparison of all the rest of your bike. But if they snap, you can experiment an epic fail..... :S

Is my opinion, of course.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but unless your rich, i think £25 for phat pads and nearly £30 for TNN BRAKE PADS

is expensive, even if i have a pair i wouldn't say thats cheap for brake pads in my opinion. but also they are awesome so, i guess you get what you pay for with the exception of onza, those pads are reasonably priced and good value :)

Once you've done the first initial payment for the LGMs, refills are only £15 then so from your second set onwards you're paying a few quid more for them than a set of Citrus pads, for pads that are going to be a lot better and be in backings that'll help your brake work better and feel stiffer. Worth thinking about, same as any CNC backing pads.

I'd say for the rear, buy some coust-sinks....after seeing with my own eyes how quickly the LGM's disappeared on 2 peoples bikes i personally wouldn't use them. However, on the front I'd definitely go with some onza citrus; both Joe Seddon and Andrei Burton run these pads and they perform brilliantly on their bikes. Certainly a good enough reason to run these extremely good value pads in my eyes :)

What sort of setups do they have though? I've seen setups from some people who's LGMs only lasted a reasonably short amount of time, and they had super harsh grinds and hadn't got their pads set up square. Because the backings are so stiff, if your pads aren't set up nice and square to your rim they'll brake more at an angle meaning they'll wear out faster. With plastic backings the backings can flex more and allow the pad to sit more evenly on the rim even if your brake's slightly on the piss meaning that they'll have a slower wear rate.

Stan's been running his pads for ages, and until I sold mine I was running mine for quite a while too with very little signs of wear.

What sort of setups do they have though? I've seen setups from some people who's LGMs only lasted a reasonably short amount of time, and they had super harsh grinds and hadn't got their pads set up square. Because the backings are so stiff, if your pads aren't set up nice and square to your rim they'll brake more at an angle meaning they'll wear out faster. With plastic backings the backings can flex more and allow the pad to sit more evenly on the rim even if your brake's slightly on the piss meaning that they'll have a slower wear rate.

Stan's been running his pads for ages, and until I sold mine I was running mine for quite a while too with very little signs of wear.

Medium grind on both....and set-up square, im not bringing names into this though...as i'm sure it'll start a whole new arguement :) Suffice to say, I'd prefer to bring my custom to Steve @ heatsink

I agree some do seem to last ages, and work extremely well though :)