British National Events 2010

BikeTrial Federation

We're not side-stepping your question Will. We are trying to put together a fair policy for selection/progression through all of the classes and will get back to you on this in a few weeks time.

If anyone has ideas/suggestions to be considered, please email info@biketrialuk.co.uk.

What are the ins and outs (politics wise) of holding a comp on Dartmoor? On National park land as opposed to Kelly farm. Any big problems?

I would guess you would need permission from the National Park authorities as well as from the actual landowner? Don't know though as I've never tried National Park land.

Edited by Barbara

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen if it's trust owned. With the current sitiuation as it would be seen to be causing damage to the land/rocks. Might be possible if it was a local farmer, but I say might...

Edited by walker

What are the ins and outs (politics wise) of holding a comp on Dartmoor? On National park land as opposed to Kelly farm. Any big problems?

tell u what nick we need a comp where we rode last time i was down, u could have endless sections there its soo big soo much stuff

tell u what nick we need a comp where we rode last time i was down, u could have endless sections there its soo big soo much stuff

That'd probably be dartmoor.... It's ace up there., perfect for a competition.

At Ross....of course :D if i manage to get all the way up there that is :unsure:

Thats what I'm sayin big boy... And theres at least 3 tors I know with that much riding. Trouble is no one wants to travel down this far. Pretty sure there was a British round held on dartmoor back in the day.

Thats what I'm sayin big boy... And theres at least 3 tors I know with that much riding. Trouble is no one wants to travel down this far. Pretty sure there was a British round held on dartmoor back in the day.

ive always wanted to ride dartmoor but dont no any riders really that i could meet down there may me and bessal should arrange something.

Me and my beys (5), Alex Dark and his beys (1938735897324), ANDREI BLOODY BURTON and Joe Seddon (2), Rich Pearson (1), Kieran Whitefield (1) The Plymouth honkeys (3) thats without mentioning those who ride now and again.

Should come down, Bessel knows whats going down, ask him for details :)

ive always wanted to ride dartmoor but dont no any riders really that i could meet down there may me and bessal should arrange something.

Dartmoor rocks are awesome, you would love them Kyle. Easily one of my favourite natural spots in England.

There was a well attended national round held on Dartmoor in 05 or 06. It was at Hound Tor on the farmland I think, the other side of the road from the Tor

Hmmm its nice to see the northern contingent are covered for, can appreciate that the comp scene is most likely bigger up there but as said a comp on Dartmoor would be awesome. I ride it with Andrei and Joe most weekends and i haven't seen half the Tors up there. Endless amounts of riding.

Dartmoor rocks are awesome, you would love them Kyle. Easily one of my favourite natural spots in England.

There was a well attended national round held on Dartmoor in 05 or 06. It was at Hound Tor on the farmland I think, the other side of the road from the Tor

Sounds about right, would be good to see some comps on the moor. is so much riding up there covering all abilities

As a southwest rider im not so stoked with the locations, seem to be getting further away each year

Edited by Cookyboy

• 2 weeks later...