How To Bath Bleed A Brake

Revolver

• 3 weeks later...

After many years of lazyness I tried to bleed a hs33 myself using this method, the outcome was not very pleasing though :(

I was pretty positive that I was on the right direction, closing one hole, pumping water trough, I could actually see a stream a water being pumped out of the caliper.

My brake pads were still on the caliper if that makes any difference?(probably not)

I also heard that it is possible to bleed a brake using just a syringe and hosing. But how would you attach the hose to the caliper without the nuts that magura provide with their kit?

Thanks in advance

After many years of lazyness I tried to bleed a hs33 myself using this method, the outcome was not very pleasing though :(

I was pretty positive that I was on the right direction, closing one hole, pumping water trough, I could actually see a stream a water being pumped out of the caliper.

My brake pads were still on the caliper if that makes any difference?(probably not)

I also heard that it is possible to bleed a brake using just a syringe and hosing. But how would you attach the hose to the caliper without the nuts that magura provide with their kit?

Thanks in advance

It didn't work?!

This is a flawless technique, you must've done something wrong :P Perhaps even accidentally letting water out without realising it, when you were doing up the bolts.

Make sure to only have one hole uncovered at once.

Having the pads on under water makes no difference to the quality of the bleed.

You can bleed a brake with a syringe, and hosing, but you also need a barbed fitting so you can attach it to the slave cylinder bleed hole. You might be able to use part of an old crossover, though, but you need a syringe that actually fits it.

Edited by Revolver

First time I tried this, when I held the brake lever in fully for 2 seconds or more, it would make the brakes stick on.

So I gave the bath bleed another try. I have a problem though. I was was letting the lever go when it just stuck on.

It is now stuck on. I can only push it back off if that makes sense it doesn't spring back. The brakes are not affected by the leaver at all.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

James

It didn't work?!

This is a flawless technique, you must've done something wrong :P Perhaps even accidentally letting water out without realising it, when you were doing up the bolts.

Make sure to only have one hole uncovered at once.

Having the pads on under water makes no difference to the quality of the bleed.

You can bleed a brake with a syringe, and hosing, but you also need a barbed fitting so you can attach it to the slave cylinder bleed hole. You might be able to use part of an old crossover, though, but you need a syringe that actually fits it.

I thought I did it right aswell, but oh well. Tried the syringe technique and I actually find it alot easier and now have a super brake :)

I thought I did it right aswell, but oh well. Tried the syringe technique and I actually find it alot easier and now have a super brake :)

:S

Some people just can't seem to do it, and I can't go around doing everyone's for them :P

I guess it's the same with anything else, you can be shown how to do shit but you can't do it until you figure it out for yourself.

Anyway, I know I made that video, but I actually syringe bleed my brakes, because it's easier, you don't have to take the whole god damn brake off the bike to do it, it's quicker, and you can put antifreeze in there.