Rawing Frame....but What To Use?

willis-gu

In reference to the post above, I've looked for it all over the internet, and I can't find any uk distributors, which is a shame because it looks like it works a lot better than Nitromors :(

http://www.bcaviation.co.uk/paint_stripper...nt_stripper.htm

Look for the stuff called Remov/all. You can get it at any auto store or even Walmart. Do they have Walmart in the UK??? If not, count your lucky stars, lol.

Edited by rupintart

If its speed your after use some costic soder! Did my stem from black to silver in less than 3 minutes. Vaseline or lube all the threads first and use latex gloves, is strong stuff!

all well and good, but that stuff doesn't touch paint.

The best thing about aircraft remover is it takes off everything from paint, to powder coat to even anodizing. It strips it DOWN. No worries about leaving it on too long for it to deteriorate the metal like if using some sort of acid. I have no idea how that stuff works, but I know when you apply it, you can see the stuff starting to whither away, and you can take a towel or your hand (with a glove on) and just wipe it off.

the worst about it though, is that it leaves a residue, and you have to MAKE SURE to completely clean off the metal, or whenever you got to refinish it with whatever method you choose, it will fish eye, or at the very least orange peel your finish.

Do it bare-handed, pussies! Rawed my BMX forks and bars (thick paint then thick rust-proof coating) in our living room on a piece of cardboard. It only sometimes hurts, strangely - it can be totally fine, or it'll hurt like an absolute b*****d. If you keep your wits about you you can sense if you're about to get a beasty stinging then get it off quick.

Yer this is what i did, just make sure you don't rub your face!

Or crotch