What Are Good Pads For The Hs33?

aidanb93

The no images in sigs rule is because it makes viewing the forum worse, having to distinguish between a picture in a post and one in a sig, and also, because it slows loading time.

look mate its not my fault your ISP is pants i have no trouble at all viewing any page on any site , but as i don't want to annoy i will remove A.S.A.P

Edited by davie 07 DMR

(Y)

It's just another thing we all must abide by.

The other way is to leave it in and a mod will remove it.

I'd rather remove it myself not so painful then lol thanks for the heads up !!!!

The black / red / green magura pads offer very poor performance when compared with modern trials specific pads. Also, no images in sigs dude.

This is how YOU feel about these pads and to be honest i have never had a problem with the green frog pads

And he might just find the kool red pads suit him better than any of them , its basically down to what suits him as a rider.

Your opinions are not going to suit everyone , the same as these pads don't suit you.

And to be frank its not your bike , its his and if he likes a certain type of pad that we all see as a crap pad , who are we to tell him different ???

Individual riders have certain ways they like there bike built , you may like a bike but you might not like its components

Edited by davie 07 DMR

I agree with the jist of what you;re saying...however having used all the standard magura pads, Koxx bloxx pads, plaz pads, heatsink pads etc I've come to the conclusion that they are superior, probably beacuse they are designed with trials in mind. I'm sure most of the forum will agree with me on this point. It's not a case of me telling him what to get, we're all merely providing opinions and experiences....and i gave my input :)

It also comes down to rim surface etc, the blacks and especially koolstops do perform fairly well with tar on a clean dry smooth rim, although it's hard to find a pad that won't perform similarly under such conditions.

Rowan Johns did however run the blacks on the rear, but as he's gone brakeless now I'm sure you can understand why he didn't need the performance.

Edited by Alex Dark

I agree with the jist of what you;re saying...however having used all the standard magura pads, Koxx bloxx pads, plaz pads, heatsink pads etc I've come to the conclusion that they are superior, probably beacuse they are designed with trials in mind. I'm sure most of the forum will agree with me on this point. It's not a case of me telling him what to get, we're all merely providing opinions and experiences....and i gave my input :)

It also comes down to rim surface etc, the blacks and especially koolstops do perform fairly well with tar on a clean dry smooth rim, although it's hard to find a pad that won't perform similarly under such conditions.

Rowan Johns did however run the blacks on the rear, but as he's gone brakeless now I'm sure you can understand why he didn't need the performance.

i think tnn are the best

I agree with the kist of what you;re saying...however having used all the standard magura pads, Koxx bloxx pads, plaz pads, heatsink pads etc I've come to the conclusion that they are superior, probably beacuse they are designed with trials in mind. I'm sure most of the forum will agree with me on this point. It's not a case of me telling him wjhat to get, we';re all merely providing opinions and experiences....and i gave my input :)

Riwab johns did however run the blacks on the rear, but as he's gone brakeless now I'm sure you can understand why he didn't need the performance.

COOL , May i ask a q ??

You have used the "heatsink" what do you say the general stopping power is for that pad ??

Like is it good bad or solid ??

I'm thinking of getting a set but not sure if to change as these green frogs are doing good for me at the moment.

But I'm only 5ft 2 and weigh just over 7 and a half stone so I'm pretty light on the bike.

The DMR its self is very light so weight is next to nothing with me on the bike.

Edited by davie 07 DMR

If you grind your rims, and get a set of koxx pads or heatsink pads, the brake will be ridiculously better.

By "grind your rims" you mean rough up the area the pad will travel round on the wheel its self ?? like i did with the pads , glass-paper so its not so smooth ??

Edited by davie 07 DMR

COOL , May i ask a q ??

You have used the "heatsink" what do you say the general stopping power is for that pad ??

Like is it good bad or solid ??

I'm thinking of getting a set but not sure if to change as these green frogs are doing good for me at the moment.

But I'm only 5ft 2 and weigh just over 7 and a half stone so I'm pretty light on the bike.

The DMR its self is very light so weight is next to nothing with me on the bike.

Amazing, the coust CNC'd pads are the best I've tried. You won;t be dissapointed with a fresh grind :)

Only doing it with an angle grinder so you get a really rough, long lasting finish. It also takes less time :)

Truth :rolleyes:

there is a video on Tarty on how to do this properly, but I can't for the life of me find it :|

ERM ... dang bro LMFAO i am not taking a angle grinder to my wheels fook that hahaha !!! To scared lol

Do it....90% of the people on the forum that use rim-brakes grind their rims. Most rims are good for AT LEAST 10 grinds or more...so it really is fine :) If you tak your time and practice on an old rim you'll do fine :)