What Should I Look For ?

Eddyboy123

thanks for that !

do you think for a first bike buying is better of is it better to build a simple and cheap bike as i do have quite a lot of biking expierience and know-how and am not looking for anything to fancy?

thanks for that !

do you think for a first bike buying is better of is it better to build a simple and cheap bike as i do have quite a lot of biking expierience and know-how and am not looking for anything to fancy?

For a first bike i'd cheap and second hand, this means that if you really can't get into it then selling it on wont loose you to much money.

You also get alot more for your money.

Buying parts can be very cheap if you know what your looking for, as your quite new to the sport it can be harder to gauge the value of certain things.

Spend some time looking in the classifieds, post what you like the look of in here and i'm sure people will be happy to help.

For a first bike i'd cheap and second hand, this means that if you really can't get into it then selling it on wont loose you to much money.

You also get alot more for your money.

Buying parts can be very cheap if you know what your looking for, as your quite new to the sport it can be harder to gauge the value of certain things.

Spend some time looking in the classifieds, post what you like the look of in here and i'm sure people will be happy to help.

thanks for the advice

i have been keeping my eye out on the classifieds

is a DB Ashton Justice any good? and what price are they likely to sell for as i have found this one on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220555659763&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching )

thanks for the advice

i have been keeping my eye out on the classifieds

is a DB Ashton Justice any good? and what price are they likely to sell for as i have found this one on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220555659763&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching )

Thats almost brand new so i wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

£500-700 I reckon. If not more.

The Ashton Justice is a very nice bike. With that spec you wouldn't need to upgrade anything, thats straight in at the top.

Thats almost brand new so i wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

£500-700 I reckon. If not more.

The Ashton Justice is a very nice bike. With that spec you wouldn't need to upgrade anything, thats straight in at the top.

yeah i guessed it wasn't going to be cheap and i think it would be throwing myself in a bit high as i probably would be a bit worried about damaging it as it would be my first time riding trials on a trials bike.

i have done the odd bit of kind of trials on my old 26" which is smaller and my bmx but i suppose that isn't much good for the real thing.

yeah i guessed it wasn't going to be cheap and i think it would be throwing myself in a bit high as i probably would be a bit worried about damaging it as it would be my first time riding trials on a trials bike.

i have done the odd bit of kind of trials on my old 26" which is smaller and my bmx but i suppose that isn't much good for the real thing.

No not really, they would be ok for learning the basics but nothing more.

To be quite honest, if you're worried about damaging your bike trials may not be the sport for you, most second hand bikes you see on this forum will have dents and scratches.

Damage and trials go hand in hand, i'm affraid its one of the downsides of the sport.

This is another reason for buying second hand, it doesn't hurt so much when you scratch it.

No not really, they would be ok for learning the basics but nothing more.

To be quite honest, if you're worried about damaging your bike trials may not be the sport for you, most second hand bikes you see on this forum will have dents and scratches.

Damage and trials go hand in hand, i'm affraid its one of the downsides of the sport.

This is another reason for buying second hand, it doesn't hurt so much when you scratch it.

im not really worried as such it's just thinking of paying about £700 and then scratching it. both my other bikes had quite a bit of damage within weeks of buying them but they werent quite that expensive.

i guess i should go second hand until i think im good enough to pay out that sort of money.

Yes if i was you i would go for a 2nd hand bike, as they are cheaper and then if you decide you dont want to stick with it you wont lose as much money. What i would also advice is getting a bike with a 19inch back rim, as my first bike had a 20inch and i got through so many inner tubes. But it depends how quick you think your going to improve if you think you are goint to be slow then you could get away with a bike with a 20 inch back rim as you wont be doing the stunts to pop your inner tubes, but if your abit like me and come from a biking background i would get a biuke with a 19inch back wheel as you tend to improve faster.