Been Out Of The Loop A While...

PeanuckleJive

It's been at least a year since I rode and really took much time to see what was up in the world of trials, so I'm WAY behind with the times

I'm looking at the "new breed" of riders and it seems so different to when I was first getting into it, but dammit Danny Macaskill is really pushing the bar when it comes to street trials

So here I am, pushing to get back into riding again. Looking at a few upgrade parts and repairs for my bike and again I feel behind the times. Like I'm seeing other people now making hydraulic rim brakes instead of Magura and only Magura doing it.

What's the general concensus with them, Are magura still leading the way, or have the mighty echo come along and shown them how it should be done?

I'm on a rather outdated looking Monty 221pr Mod bike, Thinking of possibly upgrading to either a longer frame, or maybe 24" wheels

24" was a fairly new thing in trials last I remember, how well did it progress? I have a friend who rides a 24" marino frame and he loves it

Basically just looking for updates over the past year or so, Because i'm seriously clueless!

Help! :D :D

well basicly i have been told 24" is more bmx but i have seen people do comps and that on them. magura is mainly still the main brake company but echo do some good brakes and so do other makes.and i didnt understand about the monty thing but they have been around for a while i think but my friend has the mod 221 pr and they are realy bouncy and i ride the limey 20 with magura and it is the best brake i have had.

i am in the exact same boat but i have been out for like two years but getting back on it now and gonna get on it hard but i think my mod is gonna need some work before i start riding in this crap weather as my brake's need bleeding :) i hope this thread does well so i can learn what's going on ? :P

I meant I'm currently still riding a monty 221, can't help but feel too tall for it though >.<

yeah man mine need bleeding too, ordering some bits and bobs from tartybikes on payday so I can get back to it!

Let's see if I can still do half the stuff I used to ^^

I doubt it, i have been on and off with trials for years and everytime i come back i am never as good. Doesn't take long to get it back though. just the fitness thing that hinders me lol. I havent even got a bike anymore, so going to be a big expence to enter the sport again :(