Which V Brake Converters

Guantanamo

Looking to replace my maggies with a rear vbrake setup and am wondering about 4 bolt - v brake converters. Like the heatsink ones, but he's not making any more at the moment. Neon ones look nice but are they any good? Don't really want onza ones, i've heard they break and don't have many holes for adjustability. Any recommendations?

Also anyone use the paul v brake? think its called the motolite, opinions please if you've any experience of them

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Guantanamo

Looking to replace my maggies with a rear vbrake setup and am wondering about 4 bolt - v brake converters. Like the heatsink ones, but he's not making any more at the moment. Neon ones look nice but are they any good? Don't really want onza ones, i've heard they break and don't have many holes for adjustability. Any recommendations?

Also anyone use the paul v brake? think its called the motolite, opinions please if you've any experience of them

Thanks

Adam

I have just recently changed to a rear V and its great, i will let you the spec i went with.

Neon 4-Bolt to V-Brake Adaptors

£19.00

Clarks Brake Cable Kit

£4.50

Avid SD7

£28.00

Avid SD7 Lever (Single)

£11.00

Rock CNC V-Pads

£20.00

This is the spec i went with and its great would recomend it.

I have just recently changed to a rear V and its great, i will let you the spec i went with.

£19.00

Clarks Brake Cable Kit

£4.50

Avid SD7

£28.00

Avid SD7 Lever (Single)

£11.00

Rock CNC V-Pads

£20.00

Thanks. So it's definalty better than your maguras? the more i hear the more convinced i become.

£19.00

Clarks Brake Cable Kit

£4.50

Avid SD7

£28.00

Avid SD7 Lever (Single)

£11.00

Rock CNC V-Pads

£20.00

What frame and rim are you using?

Thanks. So it's definalty better than your maguras? the more i hear the more convinced i become.

it holds just as good but takes a split secolnd longer to go on, so will take a few rides to get used to.

What frame and rim are you using?

My frame is a Zoo Pitbull 04 any my rim is a Echo TR.

Sunn BFR rim ( i think) about 30mm wide not ground

Marino fourplay, although for some reason the brake mount spacing is 90mm not 95mm

Thanks

Recon i'll need v brake booster?

I never use break boosters so i will say no, but its a matter of opinion, if uve always used them then i would put one on but if you havent in the past then i wouldnt bother.

Edited by matthew_coggan

team onza mounts! although i had to take an angle grinder to mine when i put them on my 07 zoo cause the mount for the vee sticks out of the bottom of the adapter (wierd to explain if you havent seen them) really good though :) good and stiff, well made, plenty of room for adjustment :D