Creepy Crawlers Thickness

Maxie_Monty

Lol. Oh :$ .. When you say thicker than others, do you mean other rear tyres? Or other CCs?

It can be down to pressure, the width of the rim(making the tyre curve round more or less), and the width of the rear end of the bike(could make the tyre seem wider/narrower).

Hope that's answered the question right, if not, shoot me (Y):P

Lol. Oh :$ .. When you say thicker than others, do you mean other rear tyres? Or other CCs?

It can be down to pressure, the width of the rim(making the tyre curve round more or less), and the width of the rear end of the bike(could make the tyre seem wider/narrower).

Hope that's answered the question right, if not, shoot me (Y):P

Yeah just other Creepy Crawlers.

I thought one factor could be the width of the rim, just didnt want to act like a 'know it all', when i could of been wrong. I would like a really wide rim, but cannot really think of a good all rounder (Geddit :P)

Could you name a couple :)?

Thank you so far :)

Are you a weight weenie? Or are you needing something strong? AND do you run a smooth rim/disk, or do you grind?

Weight isnt a factor to be honest, back ends light enough on my T Poo, strength i need as im not the smoothest of riders. May run smooth and get a good set of pads to be honest, had enough of grinds.

Weight isnt a factor to be honest, back ends light enough on my T Poo, strength i need as im not the smoothest of riders. May run smooth and get a good set of pads to be honest, had enough of grinds.

I've been running an Echo urban for ages now (well over a year) and its still going strong. A couple of dents but nothing major, still true and its had loads of grinds. Well worth the money if you ask me. If it does seem a bit too heavy, single walling it will help shed a bit of weight without sacrificing strength too much.

Stick with a grind, these rims hold them the best, out of every rim I've ground.

Edit: on the topic of tyres, you cant go wrong with the Monty Eagle Claw, super soft with a good wear rate and its very bouncy. Plus, its slightly larger than a rear Creepy :P

Edited by BlueSmokeyJoe

Yeah just other Creepy Crawlers.

I thought one factor could be the width of the rim, just didnt want to act like a 'know it all', when i could of been wrong. I would like a really wide rim, but cannot really think of a good all rounder (Geddit :P)

Could you name a couple :)?

Thank you so far :)

Rim width does make a difference, but generally not too much. We recently measured the height and width of all our tyres once they were put on a rim and inflated, and from a sub 40mm DX-32 to a 47mm wide rim, there was only a variation of about 2mm in total.

For the Creepy Crawler tyres, we measured them on a Trialtech rear rim and they came out to about 65mm wide, which was actually the same as the 2.6 Eagle Claw tyre. They're both the widest rear tyres we sell.

With rims, I've been running a proto Trialtech SL rim for a while and I've had no problems whatsoever. I'd definitely recommend one (Y)

Rim width does make a difference, but generally not too much. We recently measured the height and width of all our tyres once they were put on a rim and inflated, and from a sub 40mm DX-32 to a 47mm wide rim, there was only a variation of about 2mm in total.

For the Creepy Crawler tyres, we measured them on a Trialtech rear rim and they came out to about 65mm wide, which was actually the same as the 2.6 Eagle Claw tyre. They're both the widest rear tyres we sell.

With rims, I've been running a proto Trialtech SL rim for a while and I've had no problems whatsoever. I'd definitely recommend one (Y)

Cheers for that Mark. :). Always there to save the day!

Edited by Maxie_Monty

Perhaps... But I had to get a new tyre when, on my 609 (with those funny old straight chainstays) I had a Blue Groove on a Rhyno Lte - the 27mm one, going to a 47mm rim. Nobbles no longer fit :P

On a side note - I hear that back in the day, Monty tried to make a 25" rear rim for stocks, to be like the mods. Being that it's half-way between, it might work: Is anyone on the case of a 23" rear rim for all these TGS 24"'s that are in the works?

Edit: And tyre, obviously :P

Edited by aener

Perhaps... But I had to get a new tyre when, on my 609 (with those funny old straight chainstays) I had a Blue Groove on a Rhyno Lte - the 27mm one, going to a 47mm rim. Nobbles no longer fit :P

As I said, it was about a 2mm difference going from a 38mm to a 47mm rim, so I guess if you went from 27mm to 47mm you'd get more.