Echo Urban

Franksx2005

Got some new bits for my bike (Red Text)

Frame and Forks

- Frame: Echo urban 24"

- Forks: Echo SL 26"

Wheels

- Front hub: DMR Revolver

- Rear hub: Because fixed hub

- Chain tensioner: Ozonys Sprung Tensioner

- Front rim: Sunn Single Track

- Rear rim: Echo TR 24" Drilled

- Spokes: Black halo's with red nipples

- Rim tape: Echo

- Inner tube (front): Maxxis Welterweight

- Inner tube (rear): Kenda DH

- Front tyre: DMR Moto Digger

- Rear tyre: Maxis Holy Roller

Brakes

- Front brake: Hope mono trials 180mm

- Rear brake: Magura HS33

- Brake clamps: Echo SL

Drivetrain

- Cranks: Speedrace forged

- Chain: Sram

- Rear Sprocket: Trialtech Race Screw on 13t

- Pedals: Azonic

- Bottom bracket: Echo Urban Press-Fit ISIS

- Bashring: echo tr

- Freewheel: Echo SL 18t

Seating

- Saddle: Monty Mini

- Seat Clamp: Salsa

Steering

- Headset: FSA Pig

- Stem: Echo TR

- Grips: DMR

- Handlebars: Old School monty Bars

SAM_0704.jpg

SAM_0705.jpg

SAM_0706.jpg

Edited by Franksx2005

Nice bike, but.........and it's a big but.......flat bars on a 24'' is such a faux-pas - get them changed asap. Also 16-14 on a 24'', do you have calcium deficiency. That's such a stupidly light gear i can't even imagine how shit it would feel. I run 18-13 on mine and think thats far too easy, but 16-14 is just plain silly. You need to get a proper gear ratio on that.

Nice bike, but.........and it's a big but.......flat bars on a 24'' is such a faux-pas - get them changed asap. Also 16-14 on a 24'', do you have calcium deficiency. That's such a stupidly light gear i can't even imagine how shit it would feel. I run 18-13 on mine and think thats far too easy, but 16-14 is just plain silly. You need to get a proper gear ratio on that.

how about i do all that then you can ride it for me!

does every bike have to be the same? its not a street bike.

Even for trials flat bars feel like poo :P Once you go risers, you never go back!

To be fair if you read the bottom of my first post i said next on the list is some Echo TR riser bars! and its pay day tomorrow! lol. I didnt have the money to get everything straight away.

good to see the frame go to a good home, hows it riding for you?

Only managed to get the rear wheel built yesterday so havnt had a proper ride yet. hopefully get out tonight for a bit. Frame is mint though, really happy with it thanks.

how about i do all that then you can ride it for me!

does every bike have to be the same? its not a street bike.

yeah, i can do that if you want.

Sure it's not a street bike, but 16-14........cummon no ones that weak. Anyway, calm your self down its only a bit of banter on a public forum to which you have uploaded an image of your bike for individuals response. This has been mine.

I have always thought it was interesting that the majority of the pros (Vince, Gilles, Giaco, etc.) were running flat bars in 2007. Come 2008 everyone switches to risers. One day everyone will probably go back. I always loved the feel of my Brisa bars but my Easton CNT bars feel good too.

16-14........cummon no ones that weak.

I didnt realise the gear ratio you run is a display of strength. If you must know this is the ratio i was running on my 26" as advised by tarty, i havnt tested it yet on the 24", but if its too light i will change it.

All the bits have just been swapped from the 26" and will be upgraded to suit.

thanks for your imput :)

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunately due to our great national mail servise im still waiting for my trialtech sport bars to turn up!

Its barely even the same bike - it is rediculously better now - so, so much nicer. I would have thrown the old one off a cliff, but now it looks great!

Thank you mate, its amazing how a few bits changed you opinion so much. There is still more to come, i got it weighed and was shocked at the results so its gonna be going on a diet!

Bet Tartybikes loves me!