British National - Rnd 1 - Essex Trials & Jump Centre, Barrow Farm

BikeTrial Federation

Fantastic event! love to all those that set up and MR Mitchell for the venue. Good seeing everyone again after the winter and new faces are always great too see. Fantastic riding by the 4 top 26" riders, Absolutley no room for error with those scores.

See you Addingham, Hope we get the same weather.

I'd like to echo what everyone has already said - what a great day! Fantastic venue, challenging and enjoyable sections, perfect weather; what more could we have asked for?

Huge thanks to everyone who helped organise and run the event! Can't wait for Addingham!

Write-up, results and photos now up on Tribal Zine, here.

A BIG thank you to all at the week end, a great day.

Nice to see so many riders from all over the UK at the Essex Trials and Jump Centre, Barrow Farm.

Thanks also to the Bike Trial Federation for all the hard work organizing and setting up, a great start to the year.

Pictures from the day are on the web site, Sorry I did not get in to the wood with the camera.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RadicalBikesGallery/NationalTrialsCupRd1DirtJumpers#

Barrow Farm Mick

Fantastic 1st round at Barrow! Massive thanks to the organisers and especially Mick and the family! The time and efforts they put in to the trials park is massive but has paid off, its become THE place to ride in the south east.

Pleased with the way i rode some sections but had a couple of awful ones too, improvements to make before round 2!

cheers

As you say Tom, great start to the year!

Its nice that a national comp has been brought further south to Essex. Hopefully this will boost numbers at the rest of the rounds from riders that may have otherwise not traveled up to Yorkshire normally, i think it was a good move holding a trial more down south and what a venue to hold it at! I think its worth mentioning that this time last year Barrow farm Trials and Jump park had only just opened, all the trials sections and the jumps have all been built in the last year, this has been a mamoth task as you can imagine and none of it would have happened if it wasn't for the Mitchell family.

Hopefully there will be another trial there again next year?

Also i think its nice that a pretty much all man made (arena style - as someone said) comp to be thrown in whereas normally they are all on natural rocks, it is a nice addition to have something so different added to the list of venues.

(Y)

agreed there mate was nice to have an "arena style venue" was very good sections were hard, i rode shocking but still had an awsome day, hopefully this venue will be used for more comps, thanks to all the observers and everyone involved on the day, what a great start to the nationals!!!!