Which Way Do I Go....24" Because Trial Or Yaabaa 1499

Sethgun

30 members have voted

1. 1. 1499 or 24" because trial

• because trial 24"
    • control 09 short (rode and liked)

Ah this is poo, now im stuck which frame to go. Im coming from a fourplay and am torn between another 24 or going back to a stock. I want to do 90% tgs stuff in the street, no natural (or barely any) and all I did for 2 years was rolling moves, nothing static, bunnyhopping like a rabbit and generally rockin it like a bmx. Wanna get super stable on the rear with hops and gaps again but im just torn which frame to go. I know the because trial 24" (not street) is gonna be mad pogo fun with the short cs and high bb but I know eventually, ill go a stock once im back up to scratch. Im also thinking of just getting something like the 1499 on trialtech forks instead but dont know if its gonna be too long for me, havent been on a stock for ages. Out of the 2, which is gonna be more controlled and stable on the rear? Everything else aint a prolem for me, i just want something i caneasily pop up and sit on the rear wheel with for aaages which I found I couldnt that well with the inspired. Thoughts? im about 5'6 or 5'7'' thereabouts. Cheers

Edited by Sethgun

nah its all good, we got all mushy in pm :) Im startin to think for someone my size and with the offset of the forks, the 1499 might feel a bit long, or i can just go a shorter stem...

seems he is always like that, ignore im lol. go for the because so you can tell me how it rides because i want one lol.

Edited by Sethgun

Going for the Because would be cheaper than the 1499. If you then don't like it (which you probably will, they feel really nice!), then you can simply sell the frame and wheels and purchase the items you need.

Hey Mark not too fussed about the cost, frame is Adams oldie :) Its just a pain bc I cant really just jump on a stock and compare where I live, nobody rides!

I gotta say all the advice and pointers ive been getting through pm and email is overwhelming. Its bloody fantastic how tight knit a community trials riders are with help n stuff, and im on the other side of the world! Bigass thumbs up! (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Veeeeery quiet work day so I played around with photoshop a bit and a because build. Reckon the colour combo and bit of spray on the back of frame looks sharp. Green bits are hope headset and mono trial i got, learnt some new stuff in photoshop too

post-21172-126968115427_thumb.jpg

post-21172-126968117786_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty clever dude, I like it.

I'm with the other guys on this and selfishly want you to get the because 24.

This is because I am torn myself whether to go 24" from Mod not stock though.

I am 5'7 also and just found stock too dangerous to the baws :lol: so I went all quadrophenia.

I have to say also I did have a zoot which I really liked except for the rest of the components ONZA put on there which were utter shit and made it weigh a ton.

Now there is more stuff for 24 it is becoming a more appealing option.

this is why its been a bitch of a decision for me bc i dont wanna waste money n time gettin something then changing over. I used to ride stock and i miss the big wheels since riding the inspired. But afte 2 years on that, 24 just felt soooooo right for me in terms of manouvering but i barely did any tgs riding, it was all flowing streety moves and massive drops on the move. The geo on this because is a recipe for pogo stick madness i know, but i think thats 3/4 the reason why its appealing atm bc thats what im after. in a year or 2 i might look into a stock once ive got my hops, gaps and sidehops down pat once more.......sooooooo lost touch

this is why its been a bitch of a decision for me bc i dont wanna waste money n time gettin something then changing over. I used to ride stock and i miss the big wheels since riding the inspired. But afte 2 years on that, 24 just felt soooooo right for me in terms of manouvering but i barely did any tgs riding, it was all flowing streety moves and massive drops on the move. The geo on this because is a recipe for pogo stick madness i know, but i think thats 3/4 the reason why its appealing atm bc thats what im after. in a year or 2 i might look into a stock once ive got my hops, gaps and sidehops down pat once more.......sooooooo lost touch

Gaps and taps are easier on a stock and for me personally sidehops.