Bleeding Echo Rim Brake

stunt man t

is the fluid a echo rim brake is bled with mixable with royal blood?? as royal blood is blue and the echo rim brakes fluid is clear :S

will they seperate like oil and water does? etc

i had to buy 2 front echo rim brakes from tarty and a magura service kit so i can turn 1 of them into a rear ;)

Edited by stunt man t

Just get the old fluid out, put the new fluid in. Simple.

yeah but im lazy :)

its easier then getting it all out and because i dont no how to get it all out :giggle:

tartybikes dont have any rear tr 09 brakes, and i wanted matching levers ;)

plus i can use the service kit when ever me or my mates need to, dont like water bleeds (Y)

yeah but im lazy :)

its easier then getting it all out and because i dont no how to get it all out :giggle:

tartybikes dont have any rear tr 09 brakes, and i wanted matching levers ;)

plus i can use the service kit when ever me or my mates need to, dont like water bleeds (Y)

Assuming you're gonna be putting a longer hose onto the rear brake, you're gonna be draining most of the fluid out anyway!

Spend a few extra minutes clearing the rest out then bleed it with new fluid

Really...?

Man up and do it properly dude, otherwise you'll end up with a brake that feels like shit 'cos you've managed to get a load of air in it and it's bled with two different fluids.

so it wont mix then?? there wont b any air in it? :S

how do i clean them out so there isnt any of the old fluid left in the lever/slaves ?

Edited by stunt man t

how do i clean them out so there isnt any of the old fluid left in the lever/slaves ?

If you can't be arsed removing old liquid, I'm fairly sure you won't be patient enough to properly bleed your brake at all so it'll end up with air in it

I've never used the echo brakes, but when I serviced my maguras I gave the cylinders a blast with WD40 and then a blast with an airline to get as much out as poss.

I water bled mine though, and then lubed the pistons up from the outside with GT85

Just pump a couple of syringle fulls of the new fluid through your brake lines untill you dont see any more maggie blood coming out . Job done !!

If you can't be arsed removing old liquid, I'm fairly sure you won't be patient enough to properly bleed your brake at all so it'll end up with air in it

I've never used the echo brakes, but when I serviced my maguras I gave the cylinders a blast with WD40 and then a blast with an airline to get as much out as poss.

I water bled mine though, and then lubed the pistons up from the outside with GT85

who says i cant be arsed to bled it properly? lol

if the fluids mix then i wont have to?

the brake is brand new so the fluid isnt old

the colour cud just be a die like in antifreeze you use in cars ;)

and there for it would mix