Sidehop From Pointy Object

BvP

Hi guys,

recently I have been training to take off from pointy objects while sidehopping, but I keep struggling with it. I feel like I'm not able to make the pedalkick that I usually give when on flat or slightly sloped ground. Same happens with gaps to frontwheel.

If anyone can give me some pointers or maybe link a video it 'd be appreciated.

Edited by BvP

Make sure your really on top of the object, i think best to practice this on is round rails. If your not on top of it what will happen is it will flick your bike down to the floor when you have pedal kicked, to to stop this need to be on top of it.....hope this helps, someone once told me this and it doesnt sound much, but really helped my technical riding, for example gapping off rails.

You can't kick like you normally do for obvious reasons. So you change your technique, you should put a quicker/flickier kick in without dropping the front wheel. It's more of a bounce as soon as you touch the point so do one hop and go straight away, don't hang around. You're also going to have to put more emphasis on compression on the take off to give you that lift.

I think I barely pedal when taking off points :( . Its a very hard and ballsy movement compared to the return you get, but really useful to learn!!

to hijack the thread lets have a competition. Whats the smallest thing you've taken off from and post a pic else it didn't happen :P