Laptop No Longer Recognising External Monitors/ Projector

Caleb

Basically been running my projector through my laptop via the vga cable until the other day where i plugged the vga cable in the laptop and got no response from the laptop or projector, whereas it would normally connect itself automatically.

ive tried everything i can think of, fn + f4, windows mobility center, display settings through desktop etc, tried various settings on all and searched but have had no luck.

Was working a few days ago and even tried to restore my laptop from an earlier date but was unavailable, the projector works on other laptops just mine will not recognise it recently, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Basically been running my projector through my laptop via the vga cable until the other day where i plugged the vga cable in the laptop and got no response from the laptop or projector, whereas it would normally connect itself automatically.

ive tried everything i can think of, fn + f4, windows mobility center, display settings through desktop etc, tried various settings on all and searched but have had no luck.

Was working a few days ago and even tried to restore my laptop from an earlier date but was unavailable, the projector works on other laptops just mine will not recognise it recently, any ideas would be much appreciated.

broken or dirty VGA port?

broken or dirty VGA port?

Looks fine, and does seem to acknowledge that the cable is plugged in as the screen goes blank for a second but then off, the vga cable itself is definitely fine too

cheers