Incredible Brake Problem

Zoo!Man

Hi guys. I'm Spanish so sorry about my English, I'll try to speak in a clear way.

Well, 4 months ago I fitted an old front Hs on my bike. I was surprised when I noticed that it worked really really good, much better than a new Hs I had already broken. But, 5 days ago, I took that brake off to fit a 06 Hope on the bike. However, I realised I preferred the maggie, so I wanted to fit it again. But, all of a sudden, the lever has a strange touch, as the lever had a limit or something like that, and one of the pads hardly moves. As a result, it's impossible for the brake to stop the wheel, even with the wheel in the air or without riding the bike.

Here in Spain some people told me I should bleed the brake, or "maybe the pads are too far from the wheel <_< ". I don't know what to do, so I hope you help me please!

Thanks!

Hi guys. I'm Spanish so sorry about my English, I'll try to speak in a clear way.

Well, 4 months ago I fitted an old front Hs on my bike. I was surprised when I noticed that it worked really really good, much better than a new Hs I had already broken. But, 5 days ago, I took that brake off to fit a 06 Hope on the bike. However, I realised I preferred the maggie, so I wanted to fit it again. But, all of a sudden, the lever has a strange touch, as the lever had a limit or something like that, and one of the pads hardly moves. As a result, it's impossible for the brake to stop the wheel, even with the wheel in the air or without riding the bike.

Here in Spain some people told me I should bleed the brake, or "maybe the pads are too far from the wheel <_< ". I don't know what to do, so I hope you help me please!

Thanks!

It depends on what your setup is like. If the cylinders (and pads) are too far from the rim there's no way the brake will be able to function properly. If you have it set up correctly then try bleeding the system. Make sure that the TPA adjuster is completely out when you bleed it to ensure a good result.

(By the way, your English is better than most of the British riders on here so don't worry!)

• Like 2

It depends on what your setup is like. If the cylinders (and pads) are too far from the rim there's no way the brake will be able to function properly. If you have it set up correctly then try bleeding the system. Make sure that the TPA adjuster is completely out when you bleed it to ensure a good result.

(By the way, your English is better than most of the British riders on here so don't worry!)

Thank you mate! I haven't had to bleed the brake; I have set up the cylinders again, really really close to the wheel, and (although I thought it wouldn't take effect) the lever became perfect again! Really thank you :)

Was your brake leaking and did you use the TPA?

If I were you, I'd completely undo the TPA and give the brake a full re-bleed.

That was what I thought at first mate, but I decided to setup the cylinders, and now the brake is perfect I think. Tomorrow I'll test it and we'll see if it works! Thanks