Brakes?

Depends, what mounts have you got on you frame and fork? Do you have experience of using disk/maggy, any preference you already may have?

The frame is 4 bolt maggy anthe the forks are disc and 4 bolt and ive had quite abit of experiance with maggys

(Y) Hmmm, I've heard a few people complaining about the Hopes.... :S Dunno why though, I've never had a problem with them before.....

You could always go for an Avid BB7 or a Magura Louise....

I got offered a louise a couple of weeks ago i wish i had bort it now

i would go for the maggie hs33 front and back :D always reliable and with a good firm hold

This is what i have just switched to on my onza ice and its holding a lot better for me (including rim grind). I would highly recommend this! However many riders suggest a disc on the front, just depends which one you go for. Previous to a maggy on the front i had a louise, the only problem was it didnt hold very well especially when switching from front to rear wheel. (N)

Hope that helps :D

This is what i have just switched to on my onza ice and its holding a lot better for me (including rim grind). I would highly recommend this! However many riders suggest a disc on the front, just depends which one you go for. Previous to a maggy on the front i had a louise, the only problem was it didnt hold very well especially when switching from front to rear wheel. (N)

Hope that helps :D

If you have the money go for the Hope disc brakes.

Nice and quit (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

It really just depends on how much you are willing to spend. Maggies are cheaper than hope disks but this doesnt make the quality any better. maggie rims are just as sharp although they do make alot of noise if you tar the rim for their best ability.

I would go for Maggies because they are cheaper, just as good and i personally think they look alot better.

It really just depends on how much you are willing to spend. Maggies are cheaper than hope disks but this doesnt make the quality any better. maggie rims are just as sharp although they do make alot of noise if you tar the rim for their best ability.

I would go for Maggies because they are cheaper, just as good and i personally think they look alot better.

Hate to say it but using Tar will not make the brake work to its best ability! Get a decent Maggy on the rear, decent grind and some Rock blue pads and you'll be sort, lever blades area personal preference; if your friends have different brake set ups try them and see what you prefer the feel of. On the front I'd go for an Avid BB7 good power, hold and modulation.