Which Front Hub For Mod And Disk

315r

Hello again!

Now I'm writing because my try-all "H" front hub died yesterday doing transitions to front wheel <_< Just i'm starting to do this with small stuff, this is because i can't understand why he die.....The waranty finished 2 months ago. :( :(

Maybe the problem of Try-all H is this ring, to slim to absorve disk power...

In your expert opinion, Which hub can be strong enough with disk? Rockman? Echo SL / TR? Monty? NO TRY ALL AGAIN PLEASE. (N)

Characteristics: 28h for mod and disk.

Thanks for your opinion. (Y)

Edited by 315r

The TR and SL only come in 32h, so they're not an option (even though they're probably the ideal front hub for you). The rest of them are much of a muchness, in a sense. The Rockman and Try-All are pretty similar...

The TR and SL only come in 32h, so they're not an option (even though they're probably the ideal front hub for you). The rest of them are much of a muchness, in a sense. The Rockman and Try-All are pretty similar...

Thank you Onzaboymark! You are allways there!! (Y)

Some questions,

Why Echo's can be the ideal front hub for me?

Here in Spain whe can buy Echo's for 28h in CNC, but a litle bit heavy, 198 gr..

What about trialtech sport and race? Race looks heavy but strong.

Maybe I have to cross mores spokes than i have now. Now In left side the spokes don't have crosses!! I Think that this is the reason because my hub snapped......

Edited by 315r

Thank you Onzaboymark! You are allways there!! (Y)

Some questions,

Why Echo's can be the ideal front hub for me?

Here in Spain whe can buy Echo's for 28h in CNC, but a litle bit heavy, 198 gr..

What about trialtech sport and race? Race looks heavy but strong.

Maybe I have to cross mores spokes than i have now. Now In left side the spokes don't have crosses!! I Think that this is the reason because my hub snapped......

Dude echo's only come in 32, not sure what you have there, even the older models were 32h only. Trialtech is 32h too. So if you want stronger hub, switch to 32h rim/hub.

Edited by 3dd

Dude echo's only come in 32, not sure what you have there, even the older models were 32h only. Trialtech is 32h too. So if you want stronger hub, switch to 32h rim/hub.

Yes, it's my fail, Echo CNC is in 32 like trialtech, then is not an option.

The only options in 28 are Monty Rockman or Try-all?

that is realy heavy

why dont you want to go rim brake instead of disc?

i made the change and im very happy that i did ;)

Yes mate, this is another idea. Hs or vee in front, but forks are really expensive, sadly my frork only have the disk option. :(

Maybe if i find some buyer for my fork and magura louise brake....

Other thing that scare me is the poor modulation of hs or vee because i use to ride in natural.

But yes, is another idea..

Thanks!

I did the same thing to my H hub up front, the disk tabs snapped off after 3 months.

Then bought a Rockman BUB and it was fine for a year then the disk side flange snapped off. Its a much better hub it seems.

I did the same thing to my H hub up front, the disk tabs snapped off after 3 months.

Then bought a Rockman BUB and it was fine for a year then the disk side flange snapped off. Its a much better hub it seems.

Yes. Nowadays Rockman BUB it's my option. Or maybe Monty...

Do you have your spokes crossed in both sides? And with H hub and BUB?

Which hub do you have now?

Thanks

Edited by 315r

Got 3x on disk side, radial non disk.

I bought another Rockman BUB - Light, strong enough ( a year isnt bad considering riding style/weight/time ridign within that year), fairly cheap etc.

N.Wood, maybe if we cross some spokes on the non disk side we can do the group more stronger... :huh: ?

That's right, If your are a hard rider and BUB last long one year it's enough to convince me. :lol: