Nose Hops.

KiDsOn15

Hi there people. Just need a few tips and some advice on nose hops, or what ever you people call them :P

I can stay in endo for like a while, but as soon as i go to hop the front wheel, i either go over the handlebars, or do one hop then the endo drops down at the back,

I really want to nail this so then i can hop up something to back wheel then switch to the front. If you get me.

If it just comes with practice then i will keep trying :giggle:>_<

Hi there people. Just need a few tips and some advice on nose hops, or what ever you people call them :P

I can stay in endo for like a while, but as soon as i go to hop the front wheel, i either go over the handlebars, or do one hop then the endo drops down at the back,

I really want to nail this so then i can hop up something to back wheel then switch to the front. If you get me.

If it just comes with practice then i will keep trying :giggle:>_<

Took me a while to get it, basically when up on the front wheel, throw your whole body back not just arms.

mainly just a matter of practice and finding the point of balance on your bike!

• Like 1

Took me a while to get it, basically when up on the front wheel, throw your whole body back not just arms.

mainly just a matter of practice and finding the point of balance on your bike!

Okay will keep on practicing :)

If i learn them now, Will thank you :D!

Indeed, just takes lots of practice/trial and error, like when you learn to hop on the rear wheel.

As you practice it more you soon realise which way to adjust your body, until you can start doing 1 or 2 hops.

Once your at that stage your pretty much sorted, just takes determination to be able to get it right everytime so you can do it forever.

Best tip I can say is try to keep your back flat, so much so that it is nearly parallel with the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZcz9-bOlb0&feature=related

• Like 1

Indeed, just takes lots of practice/trial and error, like when you learn to hop on the rear wheel.

As you practice it more you soon realise which way to adjust your body, until you can start doing 1 or 2 hops.

Once your at that stage your pretty much sorted, just takes determination to be able to get it right everytime so you can do it forever.

Best tip I can say is try to keep your back flat, so much so that it is nearly parallel with the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZcz9-bOlb0&feature=related

Cheers Buddy!! :D

Another tip is to BEND YOUR KNEES.

It's a bit like backhopping, until you find the right balance spot, you will have to hop backwards to keep yourself on the front wheel. And like someone has already poitned out you should hop with your whole body, not just the arms.

I can do them pretty reasonable, it's really important that you keep your balance on the very edge of going over the bars. Turning is the biggest problem for me. I can turn the front wheel a little but the rear end just won't turn with me. Any tips?

You need to be able to get to the stage of doing endless amounts of front hops before turning becomes really easy. Alot like when you learnt rear wheel hops, your still trying to balance yourself yet alone turning. and making it harder for yourself.

Its comes over time and is a bit of a knack, however you just need to give your handlebars a twitch and emphasise this twitch through your shoulders.

• 1 month later...