Bottom Brackets

isitafox

I don't know if trials riders are aware, but Try-All and the entire Koxx family that made 'ISIS' cranks/spindles were not up to standard ISIS spec. That's why you get less-than-perfect fitment than say an Echo crankset and FSA BB.

This issue was brought to light a few years back because of Koxx-One (the unicycle subbrand). The 'ISIS' cranks and 'ISIS' hubs were not the same as standard expected ISIS. Therefore, people trying to fit Koxx-One cranks onto another brand's ISIS hub... simply did not work out as neatly. Likewise, trying to fit other brands' ISIS cranks like Tensile's 140mm uni cranks onto a Koxx-One 'ISIS' hub... not a totally perfect interface. Therefore people had issues with fitting any Koxx 'ISIS' pieces to any other brands' ISIS pieces. Try-All biketrials cranks fit perfectly on peoples' Koxx-One 'ISIS' hubs yet didn't fit nearly as neatly on other brands' ISIS hubs.

Bottom line: Koxx/Try-All's ISIS is not of the identical standard of what people commonly know ISIS to be. I'm sure I'll get some howls of disapproval from certain individuals claiming otherwise. But I've been there and tried it. Unless Try-All magicly fixed their bike cranks in the past couple of years... But judging by a lot of posts littered throughout this forum including ones in this thread.. seems it's still not tip-top perfect.

The Unicycle stuff is completely different to the MTB stuff. The company who make their ISIS trials bike BBs are one of the biggest and best bottom bracket manufacturers in Taiwan, they are 100% within spec.

Agreed about the ISIS unicycle BBs though, they weren't 100% ISIS compatible.

• 5 months later...

There's a picture on Echobike.com when you click 'Urban' on the left menu, that shows you cut-aways of various ISIS BBs..

I was trying to choose a bottom bracket, but now I am trying to figure out how the heck they manage to put the ball bearings into the integrated races! Looking at those cut-aways it looks like one fiddly job!

post-25205-0-68573600-1290335720_thumb.p

Edited by Scoox