Handlebars....

foxinsocks

Well, i need a new bar.

Ridden riser bars my whole life (now running a 710mm Azonic riser).

Whats the advantage of running Flat bars?

How are they better, say, than a 710mm riser such as a Truvativ?

Won't i find it harder to pull the front wheel up for hops and such?

Opinions......? :blink:

There really isnt any difference performance wise between flats and risers, flats are lighter though. Flat bars havent been fashionable for years, the main advantage of risers is that you can very quickly alter your cockpit length, height and feel by rotating them back and forth; some people have them tipped right forwards, I prefer to have them only slight forwards as its uncomfortable on my wrists. Note that trials specific risers have considerable more upsweep than normal mountainbike risers.

Edited by forteh

Safer for wrists? howcome? less stress and weight on palms?

Considering i'm still recovering from fractures in both wrists, thats a big side to consider...

Because of the backsweep of the bars. I once read that backsweep is safer for your wrists because of the angle of your hands. let your arms hang down and you'll notice that your hands will be in a certain position. your palms will have a certain angle to your body. that's the natural position. and palming bars with backsweep kinda imitates that position (not exactly but you get the idea) I've had two different bars with no back sweep before and now I have riserbars with backsweep and I can definitely tell a difference. feels much more comfortable..