Freewheel...

modifiedridah2k9

tensile, best freewheel i had until i got a king. use to have a normal tensile 60 but it started skipping, (because the ratchet was worn) then i got the 96 tensile which was the best freewheel i had. never tried the echo range of freewheels, but from what i've heard they sound a good freewheel. although i still prefer tensiles to echos because i have used them and i never had no problems.

Edited by josh barker

I have a Peugeot, but I have heard Bugatti are better but I prefer Peugeot because I have never tried a Bugatti. :rolleyes:

narr seriously, the echo SL freewheel (and the TR for that matter) are the BEST freewheels available, deffo worth the cash.

I have a Peugeot, but I have heard Bugatti are better but I prefer Peugeot because I have never tried a Bugatti. :rolleyes:

narr seriously, the echo SL freewheel (and the TR for that matter) are the BEST freewheels available, deffo worth the cash.

:lol:

Would you have the TR over the SL or the other way round? Cause i really need a new one, mines skipping like anything (N) and i prefer less clicks but obv i'd go for quality over sound.

From what i have heard, i really think you should try and get na extra £10 for the Sl. Heard soo many good things about them.

And my mate got an Echo TR, there good aswell.

If you cant get get the extra money, get the TR for shure

These people are right. If you have the chance to buy the SL, go for it! They really are good freewheels, had mine around 6 months now and no skips. In comparison to my friends Tensile 96 click, it feels more precise in its engagement and just feels/sounds very hight quality. Bloody loud as well :P

Its for my birthday thats why i dont have an extra £10. I got my new Echo as an aearly birthday present, so for sound and quality, is the echo the one to go for?

Edit: Just asked my mum if she could spare another £10 i told her you guys are saying the SL's are the best freewheel possible to use, and the SL's the one im getting, thanks everybody.

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

Well if you're seriously gonna' use the 'how loud policy' to decide on which one to buy then i guess either one of the Echo's would be your best bet.

The SL i guess is louder than the TR? but they both will overpower a tensile easily?

I'm cuurently running a echo SL 108 Ti freewheel and if i was sceptical before i tried it, It feels wonderful and so responsive. And i have to admit that i love it!

But lately i've seen " a lot" of pictures of these echo sl with broken outer teeth.

Does someone know how resistant they are? especially compared with ENO white industries freewheels (which are in my opinion quite indestructible) ??

Thanks!

One on OTN? :P

This one, another on www.richmondtrials.com and i think two other i don't remember were.....

But i just saw your answer on OTN, and i think it does reply to my question.... ;)

As ENO freewheel is my "reference" in term of reliability (mine was 4/5years old an still going fine with even no wear out),

Just for comparison, do you know/estimate that there are more failure with ENO freewheel for the same amount of sold echo freewheel?