Cracked My Gu

Sam Moss

i am lucky that i spotted this crack and as you can see it is pretty big. to weld it i got the frame smothed down then filed the crack so that the welding could get between the frame. then i got the weld filed down so it wasn't a bump and that the aluminium could easly fit around the frame and finally i got the sheet welded on. so do you think this will last? i cant say ive seen this done before. someone said it might be stronger than before it was cracked and someone said it will snap in a week or so. what do you think? thanks :)

post-21258-040338000 1280687744_thumb.jp

post-21258-076443400 1280687756_thumb.jp

post-21258-013178200 1280687768_thumb.jp

post-21258-065794500 1280687778_thumb.jp

Edited by Sam Moss

Unless you cut the crack out completely it will likely just propogate around the tube and take out the new gusset with it. Might last a couple months, might last ten minutes :)

Edited by forteh

Unless you cut the crack out completely it will likely just propogate around the tube and take out the new gusset with it. Might last a couple months, might last ten minutes :)

ive been riding it around 2 week now and i havent noticed any flexing in the frame :) and im not sure what they did when they cut the crack out. ill ask my dad and find out.