Brake Clamps

Smiffy-23

hey i wonder if anyone can help me i have an onza T-Rex and i have magura brake clamps on it but the dont stop the brakes from moving anymore.

What are the best clamps to get or is there anyway i can fix them i was looking at the tnn clamps on tartybikes as my brother uses them for his zoo but they dont look very strong. I even tried the offset tensile clamps and the dont stop the brakes from moving either

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10956&category_id=74

have you got the plastic washer on that goes around the cylinder?

have any of the threads gone on your frame?

how tight are you tightening the mounts?

yeh i got the washers on it and the thread is fine i have to tighten the bolts all the way and they are still moving they have only been like this since i put heatsink pads on the rear brake i've had to wrap electrical tape around the cylinder and put the washer back on so it dont move

Well the pads wont affect how you brakes clamp up, so it must have been how you've put everything back together afterwards, you say you have the black washers in place and the bolts aren't bottoming out. Can you get a picture up of everything?

since i put electrical tape round the cylinder it works fine and i put it back together correctly i put it down to the fact that i had them for 3 years