What Bike Is This?

Jimbob 2705

Hi Guys,

I went to Switzerland on Holiday and went Mountain Biking. It was fantastic.

I would like to know what model I was riding. I don't have any pictures so I will only be able to describe it :

It was a Kona. It was Red + White + Black. It has contour line graphics on the frame. It had both a front and rear suspension.

The front suspension had Fifty Five on it and the Rear Suspension is Fox 2 (Or something similar)?

It has the magic link.

It has 8 (not exactly sure) gears on the right and 2 gears on the left. It has dual disk brakes.

The 15" frame model has a straight top tube on the frame but the sizes above have a curved top tube.

The brakes were the opposite way around to over here in the UK. Right = Rear Brake, Left = Front Brake

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James

Some kind of stinky or coiler or stab.

kona07_stab_supreme_hi.jpg

?

The rear suspension didn't have a spring showing.

The bike looked a bit like this:

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=1548&category_id=127

That might be the actual model but maybe a different year? I don't think it is as the front suspension is a Fox 32 Float RL 150mm when the Bike I was riding has Fifty Five written on the suspension????

Cheers

The rear suspension didn't have a spring showing.

The bike looked a bit like this:

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=1548&category_id=127

That might be the actual model but maybe a different year? I don't think it is as the front suspension is a Fox 32 Float RL 150mm when the Bike I was riding has Fifty Five written on the suspension????

Cheers

This is the closest I have found so far : http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/kona-coilair-supreme-review/

But the one I was riding had a different front suspension?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I went to Switzerland on Holiday and went Mountain Biking. It was fantastic.

I would like to know what model I was riding. I don't have any pictures so I will only be able to describe it :

It was a Kona. It was Red + White + Black. It has contour line graphics on the frame. It had both a front and rear suspension.

The front suspension had Fifty Five on it and the Rear Suspension is Fox 2 (Or something similar)?

It has the magic link.

It has 8 (not exactly sure) gears on the right and 2 gears on the left. It has dual disk brakes.

The 15" frame model has a straight top tube on the frame but the sizes above have a curved top tube.

The brakes were the opposite way around to over here in the UK. Right = Rear Brake, Left = Front Brake

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James

Sounds very much like a Kona Coilair to me!

• 1 month later...