Clunk!

Maybe your chain skipping, could be freewheel skipping, or just need to grease up the pedal,crank and bb threads.

When exactly does it happen, every pedal stroke, when you kick hard?

Whenever u go up a slope really and i doubt that anything is skipping as ive only had the crankset chain and sprocket for less than a week and it is front freewheel if that helps any.

Chain wrap is how much of the chain is wrapped around the cog but I've noticed your riding a mod so that won't really apply to you, it's moreon stocks which have sprung tensioners.

Right, can you upload a pic of your drivetrain to see as that may help a bit more, what type of tensioners do you use, cams, tugs, etc, and what freewheel are you running?

It could be your Bottom Bracket mate, I had a related issue on mine a few week ago and my ball race in the right hand side had smashed to bits, so I had to replace my BB and now its back to silence :D

It clunked for a while and then it felt like a wobbly crank arm, but it was my BB.

Other options could be as people have said, your freewheel skipping, due to chain being to tight, to loose, freewheel damaged. Or it could also be damaged/dry bearings in the pedals.

Does the crank arm knock on your frame? If it does you have a BB that is not long enough or crank arms that are not offset enough for your frame.

Chain wrap is how much of the chain is wrapped around the cog but I've noticed your riding a mod so that won't really apply to you, it's moreon stocks which have sprung tensioners.

Right, can you upload a pic of your drivetrain to see as that may help a bit more, what type of tensioners do you use, cams, tugs, etc, and what freewheel are you running?

Im using chain tugs and a tensile 60click

It could be your Bottom Bracketmate, I had a related issue on mine a few week ago and my ball race in the right hand side had smashed to bits, so I had to replace my BB and now its back to silence :D

It clunked for a while and then it felt like a wobbly crank arm, but it was my BB.

Other options could be as people have said, your freewheel skipping,due to chain being to tight, to loose, freewheel damaged. Or it could also be damaged/dry bearings in the pedals.

Does the crank arm knock on your frame? If it does you have a BB that is not long enough or crank arms that are not offset enough for your frame.

My crank arms are about 8mm of the frame and i hope the bb is ok as its an isis one

Im using chain tugs and a tensile 60click

We could have a winner! The first thing I'd suggest is remove the freewheel and then give it a monster degrease! When they're built they're packed with grease that tends to make the pawls stick and causes it to skip, if you can give it a good flush out with gt85 it should help.

We could have a winner! The first thing I'd suggest is remove the freewheel and then give it a monster degrease! When they're built they're packed with grease that tends to make the pawls stick and causes it to skip, if you can give it a good flush out with gt85 it should help.

Thanks for all your help i will try that tonight and ill let you know if it helped

Thanks aganin

Swift

use the chain tugs and pull the wheel in line so the chain is dead straight, you may have to adjust your brakes from doing this. also making the chain a very very bit looser.

If i do that it will make the wheel be out of center in the frame also before i took the photos we had a spacer which was supplied with the bottom braket we removed that to try and get it more inline.

Finaly how do you know when the bottom bracket is tight enough and not to tight?

Edited by swiftspeed star

If i do that it will make the wheel be out of center in the frame also before i took the photos we had a spacer which was supplied with the bottom braket we removed that to try and get it more inline.

Finaly how do you know when the bottom bracket is tight enough and not to tight?

basically i put all my strength in my bottom bracket when tightening it, i recon a different 12t sproket with the teeth closer in should do the job fine if the wheel is centred straight.

Edited by trials owns

basically i put all my strength in my bottom bracket when tightening it, i recon a different 12t sproket with the teeth closer in should do the job fine if the wheel is centred straight.

The thing is the front freewheel is to far out from the rear sprocket causing a slight bend in the chain making it clunk.

Does anyone have any good ways of removing a freewheel without damaging it.

The thing is the front freewheel is to far out from the rear sprocket causing a slight bend in the chain making it clunk.

Does anyone have any good ways of removing a freewheel without damaging it.

You won't get a spacer on those tensiles and still have enough thread for the freewhell I reckon.

What rear sprocket you using and what bottom bracket?

Edited by isitafox

You won't get a spacer on those tensiles and still have enough thread for the freewhell I reckon.

What rear sprocket you using and what bottom bracket?

A 127mm onza isis bb and and an onza 12t rear sprocket.

We got all our parts from rock 'n' roll bikes and these parts are what they told us we needed.

Don't know what to say really as getting a new BB is a big spend, especially if that doesn't solve the problem and I'm assuming the rear sprocket is set to one side on the thread not centred like this

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/sprockets/large_tascrewon.jpg

yeah both having a centered tooth sprocket and turning the current one around would make it worse and the bb is what rock 'n' roll bikes said we needed.