How To Wall Ride?

Joe O'Connor

But that didn't really work at the skatepark nick!

Nah hes right though if your finding it hard to flatten the bike practice bunnyhopping without a wall to start with. or find a slightly angled wall!

Its will hurt the first few times you try!

Haha, not necessarily :P I'd recommend wearing something long-sleeved the first few times you try it on a proper wall though!

Just find an angled wall and get amongst it on that. Once you get the feel of them they're not too bad, it just becomes a mental thing. I'd say start by going straighter at the wall rather than more parallel with it, as it gives your tyres a better chance of gripping the wall and you'll also get a proper carve on it. Minimum of 45°.

I'd say start by going straighter at the wall rather than more parallel with it, as it gives your tyres a better chance of gripping the wall and you'll also get a proper carve on it. Minimum of 45°.
(Y)

Hit the wall pretty much straight on, its scary as f**k but its the best way to get grip!

I would say around 70-80°

Is this BMX or MTB?

On my mtb I need a kicker and it fooks your wheels (could just be poor tekkers though)

BMX, sloped wall to start, get proficient at that, then take it the real deal, naturally you'll tent to try and hit the wall at a shallow angle (less then the 45 degrees mark mentioned) If you approach it straight on you instinctivly do the correct to 45-60degrees when you hop anyway.

If you can find a wall with a little bank/ slope at the bottom then it becomes easier to ride in/out

Is this BMX or MTB?

On my mtb I need a kicker and it fooks your wheels (could just be poor tekkers though)

BMX, sloped wall to start, get proficient at that, then take it the real deal, naturally you'll tent to try and hit the wall at a shallow angle (less then the 45 degrees mark mentioned) If you approach it straight on you instinctivly do the correct to 45-60degrees when you hop anyway.

If you can find a wall with a little bank/ slope at the bottom then it becomes easier to ride in/out

BMX,

Thanks for the info.