Carbon 4Bolt Booster

Theta2

Needed a 4bolt booster for my Toxsin One and so i've decided to make one out of a sheet of 6mm thick carbon fibre i had laying around. Just wondering if this will be thick enough? I cant flex it at all so it can only help my brake. Still a work in progress and needs filing and sanding.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/alex_michael30/P9050101.jpg

Edited by Theta2

Should be thick enough.

1) Make the bolt holes slots as opposed to just holes so it has more sideways adjustment.

2) Is there enough tyre clearance?

Tyre clearance is about 5mm each side :)

Bolt holes are measured exactly at 100mm and they fit sweet as a nut :D Didn't want to make them slots because then it would allow the bolts to slip, which is what i'm trying to prevent (the whole point of the booster) :D

Looks rough as a bears a*se at the minute but i'll hopefully get some filing done tomorrow :)

I made a small 2 bolt carbon booster to stiffen up the back end of my triton a bit (titanium frames are pretty flexy), I used 3mm carbon and its spot on for stiffness for me, I prefer a slight squidge in my lever because it helps with tendonitis.

Make sure youre cutting it in a well ventilated place, carbon dust is carcinogenic and pretty nasty in general, also prepare to get loads of itchy splinters :D

I made a small 2 bolt carbon booster to stiffen up the back end of my triton a bit (titanium frames are pretty flexy), I used 3mm carbon and its spot on for stiffness for me, I prefer a slight squidge in my lever because it helps with tendonitis.

Make sure youre cutting it in a well ventilated place, carbon dust is carcinogenic and pretty nasty in general, also prepare to get loads of itchy splinters :D

Cheers :)

Going for a full on lock, trying to reduce the squidgeyness right down :)

Also when filing I'm using my respirator mask so I should be fine :)

Very itchy indeed, did an hour on it earlier and it gave me a rash on my arms already lol

Did an hours work on the booster earlier

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/alex_michael30/P9060101.jpg

Starting to take shape :)

To get the inside arc smooth use a half round file and draw file it from one side to the other in a single motion. See here if youre unsure on draw filing.

That was my plan :) Just got to get hold of a round-backed file now :giggle:

Cheers :)

Looks good but far too much effort..Just get on ebay and buy an Onza Carbon booster..Got mine for £8..Think I may even have a spare..

I would but the point is I want a 4bolt, else I would have bought the Trialtech carbon booster off tarty :)

Yep, mines definately carbon, definately 4 bolt, definately cheap, definately less effort, definately awesome.

Oh cool :) Only Onza ones I've seen are 2 bolt :/ Mines definately cheap too :) Free carbon! :D

Edited by Theta2