Contract Upgrade - Iphone.....

BlueSmokeyJoe

So, I'm due an upgrade on my 02 contract (as of last week) and have been looking into iPhones. I can upgrade to either a 3GS 8gb free, or the iPhone 4 16gb for around £100. I've had a play a couple of times on peoples 3G style phones and have to admit, I would like one. The question I'm really asking is the newest iPhone really worth shelling out for? Is there anyone on here that owns a '4' and can give a decent comparison between the two models? Are the features worth it (the higher res screen, better camera, flat backs pring to mind) Thanks!

I'm perfectly happy with my 3gs, I've played on a few iphone 4's and I've not been so bowled over that I MUST HAVE ONE

That said, if you take a lot of photos on your phone, you'll benefit from the camera on the iphone 4, the HDR thing looks awesome

Hmmm, this is one of the features that draws me to it. The last few phones I have had (Nokia N series) all have had quite good cameras so it would be nice to have another. ARGH!!!! :S

Out of interest how good would you say the camera is on your 3GS?

Hmmm, this is one of the features that draws me to it. The last few phones I have had (Nokia N series) all have had quite good cameras so it would be nice to have another. ARGH!!!! :S

Out of interest how good would you say the camera is on your 3GS?

Various situations for your consideration:

41292_10150229017715247_509705246_14093675_7170153_n.jpg Outside at sunset

24921_10150135847975247_509705246_11486615_2641382_n.jpg Inside, curtains closed and lights on

40388_10150221634450247_509705246_13881900_5330552_n.jpg Curtains open and no lights

EDIT:

These were all taken before they added the spot focus thing, you can usually get photos with spot focus

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Definitely go for the iPhone 4. I love mine to bits, so much quicker, better camera, videoing is also awesome, great quality and sound come outs great as i video loads of deadmau5 sets. Flash as well comes in dead handy. As some one said it'll hold its value when the new one comes out as well.

100% the right choice. I've got a 4, had a 3G before that. The iPhone 4 makes the 3g look rubbish and old-fashioned. The 4 is a thing of beauty, plus that screen is sooo good. I never used to use my iPhone 3G for going on normal websites, but since I've upgraded I use it all the time (admittedly that's a lot to do with the speed, but also the screen). The camera is a lot better, although I can't say I use that much.

The other reason is that there's various features of the iPhone 4 that the 3GS doesn't have, so as soon as a few apps start using E.g. the gyroscope properly, the 3GS will be obsolete, and you'll be pissed off if you bought one.