Prices On Tarty ?

angua

Hey guys,

Im going to buy a new bike from tarty,either the zoo lynx spec one or the echo lite spec one.

My question is how much more would it roughly cost to get front disk forks and a front disk brake instead of it coming with 4bolt forks and a front magura.

Thanks,Angus.

Hey guys,

Im going to buy a new bike from tarty,either the zoo lynx spec one or the echo lite spec one.

My question is how much more would it roughly cost to get front disk forks and a front disk brake instead of it coming with 4bolt forks and a front magura.

Thanks,Angus.

Email Tarty and ask them if its possible to stick some disc forks on there and how much more would it cost and then you could buy my bikehut for a tenner?

back on topic angus, i would go for the onza blade mate, it allready has a front disc, its cheaper, sealed bearing rear hub, isis cranks and bb, drilled out rims, and the 40 quid you save could be used to buy some decent forks from here

Edited by rab shropshire

Hey guys,

Thanks,Angus.

The Spec 1 already has disc-ready forks, so all you'd really need to change is the front brake, but as it says on the site it'd probably affect the price more than you'd think because of the price we can get the specific parts for that bike for. If you send us an e-mail that'd be the best way to try and see how things would work out.

back on topic angus, i would go for the onza blade mate, it allready has a front disc, its cheaper, sealed bearing rear hub, isis cranks and bb, drilled out rims, and the 40 quid you save could be used to buy some decent forks from here

You'd also probably want to buy a HS33 for the rear instead of the HS11. In my opinion, the Spec 1s are better straight out of the box because the forks are a lot better, the freewheel's better, the brakes are better and everything else is pretty solid and dependable. The only real thing I'd say the Blade has over them is the ISIS cranks, but as long as you keep the bolts done up taper cranks should last pretty well. It doesn't have drilled rims which is the only other downside to it, but that's not really the end of the world. All in all, looking at the Spec 1s and the Blade, there are less things I think I'd want to immediately upgrade on the Spec 1s than there are the Blade, and that's the main thing about complete bikes for me. If you can buy a bike and have it ride well straight away, but also have a solid frame/fork setup to upgrade on, that's sort of the ideal scenario really.

If im right when you change something it becomes a custom bike and the price goes up by quite a bit.

The Spec 1 already has disc-ready forks, so all you'd really need to change is the front brake, but as it says on the site it'd probably affect the price more than you'd think because of the price we can get the specific parts for that bike for.

The specification at this price is completely fixed, so making any changes to the spec would mean the bike is treated as a new custom bike and the price woud increase by quite a lot.

Yep - unfortunately it does have an impact on it.