A Few Questions..

KH3M

Hey guys, this is automatically gonna put me in the 'douchebag' category of the forum, so please don't be mean or I will cry. :)

I've been looking around the forum, and need some sound reassurance about bits on bikes, and their names.. Like, what are all the bits called? Because I'm having things flay past me such as "BB and ISIS" and BB measurements and stuff, and i'm completely baffled :S

If someone could just tell me the bits of a trials bike, and their trials names? I've worked with bikes since I was a kid, and know them inside-out, but this is all chinese to me.

And, I'm gonna pick up an Onza T-Bird off of Fleabay - it's got drilled rims, Maggies on both ends, and a carbon brake booster on the back - And matey wants £130 for it (I'm on a tight budget.. got about £210 - after having nout for about a year)

I wanted to get the bike, buy a cheap Onza frame, like a Bird or a Pro - Just something pretty and light. Now I'm thinking I may need new forks, and cranks, and sprocket.. So do you think I should just wait until I have a bit more wonga? I'm really excited about getting a bike, and I really don't want to buy something - and then regret it..

Cheers guys :D

if you are serious about getting into trials i would save up a little bit more money, then wait to be validated and pick up a bike from the forsale section on here. you will get alot more for your money.

As for getting the names of parts etc visit www.tartybikes.co.uk and look at the different parts and names on there and it will show you a picture and description of what each part is.

if you are serious about getting into trials i would save up a little bit more money, then wait to be validated and pick up a bike from the forsale section on here. you will get alot more for your money.

As for getting the names of parts etc visit www.tartybikes.co.uk and look at the different parts and names on there and it will show you a picture and description of what each part is.

Ok mate, I rekon you are probably right - I'm just being a fussy kid and trying to get into all this way too quickly. :mellow:

Got straight onto Tartybikes and had a look round, for now it all seems double dutch, but it will come to me...

Eventually.

Ok mate, I rekon you are probably right - I'm just being a fussy kid and trying to get into all this way too quickly. :mellow:

Got straight onto Tartybikes and had a look round, for now it all seems double dutch, but it will come to me...

Eventually.

For your original post, BB means bottom bracket, ISIS is a type of bottom bracket and will affect which cranks you're able to put on.

If you need help with things TrashZen have quite a few good tutorials and their FAQ section should be able to help you out.

I think saving up a little more will do no harm, but you shouldn't need to spend over £300 and buy something you don't yet need.

Once you're validated check out the for-sale section on here, you'll see some great specced bikes with a very low price tag, and i think pretty much every bike you see on here will be at least twice as nice as those being sold on Ebay.

Gave you a validation vote, by the way :)