Ahhhh!

KH3M

Hey guys, I asked this same basic thing in NMC when I was premember.. But I really need some further Reassurance! :blink:

I want to get into trials, badly. And I have been looking on eBay for a bike - I found a nice Onza T-Bird I can get the guy to push the price down a bit, but it's up for £140 it has Front and rear Maggies, drilled rims.. And to be honest, it's a nice bike. I also found a Onza T-Mag frame, with cranks, sprocket and forks for £30 including postage.

It has a few days left on it, and I have been sat there watching it thinking 'Do I really want that? Can I get a better bike?' I only want a cheap bike incase I don't suit trials, as I'm 16 and this will be my first time.

So what do you think? I have about £185.. Does anyone possibly have a mod that you've got up for sale that would be good for me?

Thanks in advance. (Y)

I would buy this t-bird and get the tmag frame for it. Then upgrade to a front freewheel, and your all set for trials!

Since I'm a newbie - Why is it better to have a front freewheel? So what, do you just get a solid freewheel to replace the back one, and then convert the sprocket? :blink:

I've herd alot about T-mag's snap / crack easily.

Mmmm, it does look fragile, since the frame has no under support from the front for a few inches..

Edited by KH3M

Since I'm a newbie - Why is it better to have a front freewheel? So what, do you just get a solid freewheel to replace the back one, and then convert the sprocket? :blink:

Mmmm, it does look fragile, since the frame has no under support from the front for a few inches..

Sorry for replying twice.

t birds are indestructible had mine for a year, great fun and can take a bashing! i have converted it to front freewheel (it wont really matter that much if your a newbie) well basically it makes the weight more centred this helps for better spins, more clearance as the sprocket is smaller and helps a little to better responsiveness. but i got on perfectly well how it was but wanted to try it.

yeah to set up front freewheel you will need to take ur freewheel of the rear hub and replace it with a sproket (for a 20" a 12 tooth) then get some cranks with a screw on thread and put ur freewheel on. simples

hopes this helps you out!

ps where about in devon are you from?. im in axminster.

So what do you think? I have about £185.. Does anyone possibly have a mod that you've got up for sale that would be good for me?

Thanks in advance. (Y)

Keep saving for now. For an extra hundred pounds or so you will be able to get a bike that's considerably better than either of the Onzas at their current spec - and you'd only end up spending the extra on replacing/upgrading parts anyway.

Keep your eyes on the For Sale section of the form and you'll be onto a winner (Y)

t birds are indestructible had mine for a year, great fun and can take a bashing! i have converted it to front freewheel (it wont really matter that much if your a newbie) well basically it makes the weight more centred this helps for better spins, more clearance as the sprocket is smaller and helps a little to better responsiveness. but i got on perfectly well how it was but wanted to try it.

yeah to set up front freewheel you will need to take ur freewheel of the rear hub and replace it with a sproket (for a 20" a 12 tooth) then get some cranks with a screw on thread and put ur freewheel on. simples

hopes this helps you out!

ps where about in devon are you from?. im in axminster.

Hey mate, are the T-Birds light? and compared to newer bikes, what are they like? I'm in a place called Dolton by the way, a secluded little village in the south-west..

(Y)

cool, the t birds are light enough i think there something like 13-14 kg standard not sure on that though (dont need the lightest thing for starting out) and easy to flick around etc. most people say once you get better you might need a better frame with different geo etc but i get on with it nicely. here is a little vid of me(rubbish shiz lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwJu3kzkfN8

cool, the t birds are light enough i think there something like 13-14 kg standard not sure on that though (dont need the lightest thing for starting out) and easy to flick around etc. most people say once you get better you might need a better frame with different geo etc but i get on with it nicely. here is a little vid of me(rubbish shiz lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwJu3kzkfN8

Hey mate, watched that video on youtube a little while ago :D You're not bad!

Hmmm, I'm really racking my brain over this <_< Getting so annoyed! I still don't know what to do :unsure: How much did you're T-Bird cost you?

Thanks for your help guys (Y)

Edited by KH3M

Hey mate, watched that video on youtube a little while ago :D You're not bad!

Hmmm, I'm really racking my brain over this <_< Getting so annoyed! I still don't know what to do :unsure: How much did you're T-Bird cost you?

Thanks for your help guys (Y)

got my t bird for £100...not bad but i think it could of been stolen. but i spent loads on mine like £300+

got my t bird for £100...not bad but i think it could of been stolen. but i spent loads on mine like £300+

Fair shout, what parts have you changed on it? The one that I wanted had full maggies, carbon brake booster and stuff - but apparently someone has offered him about £130 for it so i'm kinda annoyed.. Thats what I offered him originally, then pulled out of because I wasnt sure :$