Pistons Causing Brakes To Stick :@

Ashes

HI all my HS33 brakes kkeep constantly sticking this is due to when i pull the lever in the pads touch the rim but hen the pistons stick and the pads dont go back in :@ pleaseeeee can somebody help as its driving me crazy and im on the verge of throwingmy bike over a cliff.

Thanks

Ashes.

sounds like a lazy cylinder piston or maybe lever piston, lube it up with silicone grease or similar and should work a treat.

do the pads move when you pull the lever in a little bit? is it responsive?

Yer really responsive, they just down want to go back out ad its driving me nuts. I have to kep literally puling them back in with my fingers and its doing my head in :(. I'll go give the grease a try now.

Thanks for the response's.

Ashes.

WD40 will be fine Ash,

Use that and a toothbrush to thoroughly clean the pistons in the lever and calipers, then apply some thick, wet lube (ooh er!), or some grease to the pistons to ensure they're nice and smooth.

Well il go give it a go and see how it all turns out, if it fails i will cry :(. I'll comment on how it goes :)

Thanks for al the advice.

Ashes.

Take your pads off, use some molegrips to pull the pistons out so you've got a lot of area to spray lube onto (obviously be careful not to break the little plastic nub off)

Spray some on, then hold down the other piston and give the lever a fair few pumps to get the lube worked in, then repeat for the other one.

Did you do that, or just spray some in the general direction of your pistons and expect it to magically work?

Take your pads off, use some molegrips to pull the pistons out so you've got a lot of area to spray lube onto (obviously be careful not to break the little plastic nub off)

Spray some on, then hold down the other piston and give the lever a fair few pumps to get the lube worked in, then repeat for the other one.

Did you do that, or just spray some in the general direction of your pistons and expect it to magically work?

Thanks for the detail, no i took the pads off and gave the slaves a real good clean and lubricated around the pistons and then pumed the lever to push them out and pushed them back in manually with my hands to try and work the lube in. I was pumping the lever and pushing back in for about ten minutes (is this not long enough?)

Ashes.

Do the pistons not try to move back on their own at all?

Springs might be buggered if so

You push it back in like over half way and they pull back in there selves after that but yer i think there may be a chance that it is the spings ....... how would i sort that ?

Ashes.