Rear Disc On A 26Inch Trials Bike?

chris170483

Sort of - it's not hard to just put a generic disc mount on a frame, but it's not easy to make a frame strong enough to take a disc.

A nicely set up V will probably feel better than a disc on a 26" bike. Flex in the wheel makes discs on the back of 26" bikes feel a bit 'weird'.

ok thanks mate, a few people have told me that, do u think i would be able to get a hs33 mount put on the back of the frame??? thanks

If you choose to use disc make sure to get a powerful brake and a big rotor, I have a jump bike with 24" wheels and giant brakes the rotors are 160mm and they are way too weak for trials riding!!

ok thanks mate, a few people have told me that, do u think i would be able to get a hs33 mount put on the back of the frame??? thanks

If it's an aluminium frame, then if you do it won't last long. Seriously - just try and get a decent V-brake setup on there, they can be really good! SD7 levers are pretty awesome and cost about £11, a set of calipers shouldn't be much, cables are pretty cheap, get some decent V-pads on there and you should be good to go.