Mod Or Stock?

kustom-trials

I have a Mod but before i had a stock, not really remembering what my stock was like (onza t-Bird) i was wondering what other people think and ride (:

as above a mod is 20inch and stock 26. I've just started back at cycle trials 8wks ago after 6/7years away from it and bought myself a custom onza master mod and was loving it but i got the urge to go back to stock as it was my preferd size of bike, so now have a custom biuld onza limey 3 and got to say i love it and will be sticking with the stock bike!!!

Edited by gary-mac

I agree that mod suits smaller riders better, im vertically challenged myself and ride both mod and stock. I've got a real soft spot for stock trials because thats what I started out on and I like the extra challenge compared to mod. But if I started out on a 20" bike I'd probably stuck with it because those things can be real weapons in the right hands.

Yeah, I'm really new to this...

Are stock and mod bikes suited to different sized riders? Or is it just what someone prefers the feel of?

Although bigger riders are often better suited to bigger bikes this is not always the case. My Friend is not huge but he rides a diamondback Kabuki mono and has had no problems with the size but when i've ridden it it feels a bit too clumsy for my liking. Its all down to preference unless your something like an 8 year old trying to ride stock.

I also found that at a M.A.D display they felt quite small for 26" bikes so if you fancy a small 26" they may be worth looking at.