Best Bike Available For £200

ryan-carey

A phase 1.2 should do the job if you're looking for stock, just need to upgrade the rear hub and brake pads. Have a look on ebay. As for mod, you're probably best waiting until you're validated and looking in the for sale section.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=158718&pid=2217650&st=0&#entry2217650

This topic is on the phase bikes, have a gander.

Edited by l33th3tr33

What do you guys think is the best bike I could get my hands on for £200 or less. I've literally had a go doing trials once or twice, but I want my own bike to practice, to see if I'm up to doing it more frequently.

Any ideas of what I could get for £200?

Cheers

I got my first mod trials bike (Onza T-vee) approx 2 weeks ago now, it set me back £200 brand spanking new.

Winstanleys bikes are quite good, I have bought a few things from them before. Theres a few Onza's and MAD bikes there for around the £200 mark.

A phase 1.2 should do the job if you're looking for stock, just need to upgrade the rear hub and brake pads. Have a look on ebay. As for mod, you're probably best waiting until you're validated and looking in the for sale section.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=158718&pid=2217650&st=0&#entry2217650

This topic is on the phase bikes, have a gander.

Sweet man, thanks. I'll have a look.

What do you guys think is the best bike I could get my hands on for £200 or less. I've literally had a go doing trials once or twice, but I want my own bike to practice, to see if I'm up to doing it more frequently.

Any ideas of what I could get for £200?

Cheers

If your looking for a mod [20 inch] make sure it has a 19 inch back wheel because if its 20 and you want to upgrade to a 19 inch back wheel you where the brake mounts are the brake would not be near the rim

Basicly, to learn on you really wanna get a mod (20" inch wheels). As a begginner i would recommend a second hand bike, with good, long lasting parts but no worries if its scratched to hell, as when learning you fall off so much your new bike will look old pretty damn quick :unsure: For £200 you can pick up a decent second hand mod, if you just wait till your validated and look in the for sale section, then you should be able to pick up a bargain. Also you want a rear magura HS33 hydraulic brake, or a very well set-up V-Brake (but unlikely on a £200 bike), and its imperritive the rear wheel is 19" not 20", although there arent many 20" rear wheeled bikes around (i think one of the new onzas might have one though).

Winstanleys bikes are quite good

Just to add, although Winstanley's do have awesome prices, there's quite a few people who have had to wait months for their order, and some who have recieved the wrong item after months of waiting.

Apparently it's something to do with him not having things in stock, but not changing the website to say this, so a quick call to find out if he's got what you want in stock should sort it out (Y)

I'll have a look on Winstanley's, although I think I'll get a better equipped bike if I buy it second hand? It could work against me and I could end up with a bike in terrible condition, but let's hope not.

You can definitely get a better bike second hand, and if you take a look on here most people are sound enough to tell you if there's something up with the bike.

Yeah I hope so, everyone on here seems really genuine.

On average, How long does it usually take until someone gets validated?

I think it took me a couple of days, just stick to the guidelines and hope someone's scouting NMC.

EDIT: Got'cha validated, welcome to full members (Y)

Edited by Ninja Manatee