Are Onza Any Good

willie

I find tyhat Onza are a brand that can be underrated and overlooked in some cases.

Most Onzas are brilliant spec and quality for the money you pay.

Favourites include the 2010 Pro, Blade and Comp for starting out on.

The Pro comes with reasonably powerfull cable disc brakes as standard, good for beginner to intermediate riders such as yourself. The frame also includes 4 bolt mounts for magura should you wish to change as you progress.

The Blade comes with rear Magura as standard, an improved wheelset and a higher quality frame, that uses onzas integrated chain tensioners that are a nice bonus too, over the chaintugs on the pro.

The Comp comes with front and rear magura, the same frame as the blade but in a different colour and the same tension system as the blade. Wheelset is also good and the frame is quality too. Light, long lasting and good looking too, as well as riding brilliantly.

Onzas to stay away from would be the Bird and the Rip, because all you will want to do is change further down the line.

Buy either one of the three described and your on to a winner (Y)

Edited by gurider2010

I find tyhat Onza are a brand that can be underrated and overlooked in some cases.

Most Onzas are brilliant spec and quality for the money you pay.

Favourites include the 2010 Pro, Blade and Comp for starting out on.

The Pro comes with reasonably powerfull cable disc brakes as standard, good for beginner to intermediate riders such as yourself. The frame also includes 4 bolt mounts for magura should you wish to change as you progress.

The Blade comes with rear Magura as standard, an improved wheelset and a higher quality frame, that uses onzas integrated chain tensioners that are a nice bonus too, over the chaintugs on the pro.

The Comp comes with front and rear magura, the same frame as the blade but in a different colour and the same tension system as the blade. Wheelset is also good and the frame is quality too. Light, long lasting and good looking too, as well as riding brilliantly.

Onzas to stay away from would be the Bird and the Rip, because all you will want to do is change further down the line.

Buy either one of the three described and your on to a winner (Y)

edit: writen by user Echo Lite 09

My post, forgot to sign out of brothers user

Can you notice a lot of difference between cable disc's and the magura?

Cheers help

Can you notice a lot of difference between cable disc's and the magura?

Cheers For The Advice

I found that the cable discs would be fine to learn on, offering reasonable power. I ran one on the front of my neon for around a year and held up ok, but I dont think I would trust it on the rear.

Id say, get the blade, a decent set of pads to replave the standard magura blaks that come with it, and maybe a grind depending on the pad.

I found that the cable discs would be fine to learn on, offering reasonable power. I ran one on the front of my neon for around a year and held up ok, but I dont think I would trust it on the rear.

Id say, get the blade, a decent set of pads to replave the standard magura blaks that come with it, and maybe a grind depending on the pad.

Thanks again still looking at ever option,.

Someone has contacted me saying they have a zoo python for sale, but the drive crank arm has rounded of on the bottom bracket is this an easy fix? and do you know roughly how much

it would cost me to repair?

Cheers

Thanks again still looking at ever option,.

Someone has contacted me saying they have a zoo python for sale, but the drive crank arm has rounded of on the bottom bracket is this an easy fix? and do you know roughly how much

it would cost me to repair?

Cheers

It depends really. It can be quite cheap if you are going to stick with the cheaper square taper bb and cranks, but would recommend buying a new isis crankset. Im running an onza isis bb, and Trialtech sport cranks. £85 and youl be sorted for years.

Hy Guys I`m new to this forum,I`m doing trials for a decade now,I just sold my zhi zm3,and I`m looking to buy my next bike.I really like the look of the onza skull frame,it looks like it has a nice geo,but is it any good?I`m 6ft3 so short bikes are not good for me.I never tried onza bikes in my life as we don`t really have these bikes back in Hungary.any help would be apreciated.cheers,Gary

Hy Guys I`m new to this forum,I`m doing trials for a decade now,I just sold my zhi zm3,and I`m looking to buy my next bike.I really like the look of the onza skull frame,it looks like it has a nice geo,but is it any good?I`m 6ft3 so short bikes are not good for me.I never tried onza bikes in my life as we don`t really have these bikes back in Hungary.any help would be apreciated.cheers,Gary

The frame rides amazing, but they have a slight fault and have been known to crack/snap unexpectedly but depending on how hard you ride it (i've done this myself), it could still last you a good couple of years if your careful. Really nice frame!

The frame rides amazing, but they have a slight fault and have been known to crack/snap unexpectedly but depending on how hard you ride it (i've done this myself), it could still last you a good couple of years if your careful. Really nice frame!

Cheers M8 I`ve seen some pics of cracked skull frames on the web aswell... I`m not a hardcore rider anymore but I still prefer to be on the safe side with a reliable frame:)

The Pro is a good starting point but remember these bikes are built to a budget so some parts are not really up to the job. The most common problem is the bearing surfaces breaking up in the hubs especially the rear one. It would be worth obtaining this bike with a sealed bearing rear hub from the outset.